And that m'dear is why I bought a Tricross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Have you ever tried an MTB....I suspect you may enjoy it.

lovely ride and great pics, that Tri did the job well. I suspect if you like to get out "amongst it" you'd love MTBing

Norm

I think you are right, Jonny. There are times that the MTB is the mount of choice, times when the roadie jumps to the front of the pile, but very few times where I think either of them would offer a significant benefit over something like the Tricross.

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I think what clinches it for me is I tend to see a lot of MTBs strapped to the back of cars being taken to places you can have fun on them. With the Tricross I can cycle to the fun bits myself.

For instance there's a mad mental MTB trail at the top of the hill at Pendreich (I tried it on a Tesco MTB :ohmy: ) and every time I've slogged up that hill I get passed by cars laden with MTBs.

Nice! Took the cross bike to the New Forest the other day too, first time trying it out off road. Was incredibly impressed with its capabilities, who needs a mountain bike! Even forded a river at one point :smile:

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

Another great day so I decided, on a whim, to see if I could get up to the Sherrifmuir Inn again. And wahey, I made it!

IMAG0199.jpg

My trusty steed

IMAG0200.jpg

After a pint and a chat with a chap who'd made it up there on a fixie (:ohmy:) I headed down, stopping at the memorial to a battle fought near there -
IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

The battlefield I presume -
IMAG0202.jpg

I didn't know I was about to be in the wars myself!

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

Turning left at Dunblane, there's a cycle track/bridleway to Bridge of Allan. Parts of it have been washed away, but that's no bother for a Tricross -
IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0206.jpg

It was all very pleasant though, a long easy descent through the dappled sunlight of the woods, reflecting on the stream which has taken over the path -

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

No danger there is there? Wrong. Bear in mind I was fair hurtling doon, I had the blink of an eye to react to an obstruction - but I didn't.
IMAG0209.jpg

I skillfully managed to avoid the safe route on either side of the big lump of tarmac and battered straight into it, sending me up in the air.
IMAG0210.jpg

Landing upright but shocked on the other side. I swear there was a moment's pause whilst I looked back before the front tyre let out a loud hiss and deflated dolefully.
IMAG0211.jpg

Ah well.

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

It was - quite a few cyclists.

Booyaa

Veteran
Cracking rides there mate, quite a few of my mates go up there on their MTBs, hope fully when I get a few miles under my belt I will be able to get around that area for the roads/trails.

Top Bottom