....and then there were 2.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I've finally reduced my choices for my 1st recumbent down to 2. I'm still looking for a 2nd hand bike, but there just doesn't seem to be anything on the market at the moment, so if nothing comes up in the next couple of weeks, it's order placing time!

I've decided I'd definitely prefer a midracer, and I'm considering the Raptobike Midracer which is almost £1800 in the spec I want....or a Challenge Furai, which is an eye-watering £2187!

I'm edging towards the Furai, as I love the idea of underseat steering, and imho it just looks like a far superior bike. The front drive of the raptobike puts me off a bit. Not that I've read anything particularly bad about this system, I just don't think the bike looks the part, and as I don't actually need a recumbent, if I'm gonna spend 2k, it has to look special (in my eyes.)

So, does anyone think I'd be making a big mistake with either of these bikes (and why), and also if I've overlooked anything in this price range then please let me know. One thing is apparent, when it comes to recumbents, you 'lot' on 'ere seem to have massive experience of them, so any advice is very welcome!

byegad

Legendary Member
Have you tried either of them. I thought I needed a Catrike Speed until I rode one, and ended up with a Trail.

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Have you tried either of them. I thought I needed a Catrike Speed until I rode one, and ended up with a Trail.

Nope.....I have the problem of living in Doncaster, the recumbent dealership desert of the U.K. Scotland and Kent (yes I've seen enough on here to know who are the most popular dealers) are a bit far to travel, so I may end up buying 'blind'. This doesn't worry me too much, as I love cycling (5,000 miles a year) so as long as the bike has good adjustability, I'll be ok.:whistle:

I will have a used Raptobike available in the next couple of weeks.
PM sent!

Top Bottom