And Today is..........TURKEY CURRY DAY. What are you having

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
With not being well we have not had a proper meal for 5 days. We cooked a turkey but gave it to the family (less a portion we kept).
Today we both feel able to eat a meal and have decided on that old post chrimbo recipe of turkey curry. Providing the stomache doesn't flip when its plated I am looking forward to it.
What are you doing with your leftovers?
PS.... a pet hate of mine is binning food but today I was forced to bin what was a nice variety of cheeses.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
We don't have leftovers. ;)

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My mum took the leftover turkey home, and they've gone away for the weekend. But it will keep. She usually does a turkey stew with dumplings

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
No leftovers for us. We didn't have turkey anyway. We bought a turkey crown and it's still in the freezer. :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We got a turkey crown as well. As I say, we gave 3/4s away. Had some on a sandwich and it was very tender and tasty.
The curry is home made... ...... well I opened the jar in the home, does that count?

Of course. :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

No leftover's here, we've got pork chops tonight.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
With not being well we have not had a proper meal for 5 days. We cooked a turkey but gave it to the family (less a portion we kept).
Today we both feel able to eat a meal and have decided on that old post chrimbo recipe of turkey curry. Providing the stomache doesn't flip when its plated I am looking forward to it.
What are you doing with your leftovers?
PS.... a pet hate of mine is binning food but today I was forced to bin what was a nice variety of cheeses.

One of the best I had was a turkey risotto made by a friend's mum. That was lush.

Made Turkey curry last night for today

When I get home I am making a beef Madras to freeze

You must be some wiz in the kitchen if you can get a beef madras out of left over turkey.:notworthy:

Not having leftovers, my post Christmas quick meal is pasta with smoked salmon and pesto. Shops are selling Christmas stuff off so i bought a big bit of salmon today.

Slick

Guru
Bil fed the remnants of Christmas dinner to the hens this morning, so zero waste and I got a dozen fresh eggs to take home which seemed like a fair exchange as I was fed up with sprouts and skirlie anyway. :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
I've still got half a nut roast which I'll have tomorrow, been out for lunch (Thai), so I'll have bread, cheese, salad this eve.
I'm just having a mince pie and cream though :mrpig:

Top Bottom