And we should care because...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Millions of empty lived saddos the world over will depair at this news.

Apparently, Kim Somebodyorother is going to suspend her Faceache account for 24 hours to protest - and so will a load of her mates

Don't think that will affect my life any
I join the democratic people of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea who live in North Korea in expressing fraternal condolences.

OH.

MY.

GOD.

Thank heavens for our intrepid CycleChat correspondents - NONE of my usual mainstream media had reported this to me. No doubt they want her protest* to FAIL. They are SUPPRESSING FREE SPEECH :angry:

Yours Outraged,
Oxon

*remind me what the protest is about?

AndyRM

XOXO
Also, those who dislike Facebook (other social media platforms are available, such as this one) will be pleased to know that when this started, in June, Facebook's share value fell off a cliff due to lost advertising revenue.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Somebody please explain this to me like I am a simpleton that has lived in a cave for the last 50yrs..... Who has done what, where and why????

Actually, I probably don't want/need to know so carry on as you were :hello:
The OP is commenting on Kim Kardashian. She has joined the boycott of social media in protest against the fakenews and politic interference.

The OP has failed to grasp that the story isn’t about KK, but about the way social media is manipulating society. Sadly anyone below the age of 30 seems to rely on socialmedia in the way previous generations relied on BBC news. So it is extremely dangerous to ignore this.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Like her (and the other celebrities involved in #StopHateforProfit) or not, she has a massive social media presence; using it to promote an important cause is commendable.
Not to mention her massive Arris.

The OP has failed to grasp that the story isn’t about KK, but about the way social media is manipulating society. Sadly anyone below the age of 30 seems to rely on socialmedia in the way previous generations relied on BBC news. So it is extremely dangerous to ignore this.
I'm sure she is greatly worried about this.

Drago

Legendary Member
If people are gullible, stupid, and unwilling to take responsibility for the provenance of the information which they allow to influence their lives, then that really is their problem. It's just a modern form of Darwinism, and you can't fight a natural process - all that will happen is some people will emerge fitter and stronger and the weak minded allow themselves to be downtrodden.

postman

Legendary Member
Don't get me started on a moodel and seeleb who is always in the low brow papers,sorry i do read them.This seeleb has broken both her feet,but seems to have removable casts.Fell over a wall down twenty five feet mangled her feet ,but nobody has any film of the rescue.Gawd knows how she managed to crawl back twenty five feet with two broken feet.Wonderwomen in my opinion.Anyway her saga goes on daily,it is amazing what she gets up to ,and undreds of thousands of er followers hang onto each piece of drivel.

Top Bottom