Andalucia: route advice Sevilla to Algeciras/Gibraltar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Hola. I am on the last leg of my month long ride from UK to Gib - see here if interested www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/julian2012

I will arrive in Sevilla tomorrow YIPPEEE and after a day off, will be heading to Algeciras then Gibraltar. Using my laptop and Michelin 1:400 maps, I came up with this http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1792113

Any views on it, or better ideas. Quiet roads, gentle inclines and the chance to stay somewhere along the way (plan to crack it in two days) would be ideal!

Gracias

Jay

No idea - after wild camping for the night under the suspension bridge - (being deaf helps :rolleyes:) I followed the levee of the river to Salamanca de B then went along the coast to Cadiz and round to Gibraltar - I like coasts- the delta is a bit tricky from the navigational point of view as there is not a lot on the maps - but it is very quiet from a traffic point of view.

Cadiz to Gib was busier but not outrageous -I am not saying this is a good route - just what I did.^_^

insouciant

Über Member
Ahh, what a fantastic city you're in and very well done on the journey so far! :biggrin: Was in Seville myself last week.

And I'll be in Gibraltar from Thursday, so I'll buy you a well-earned drink if I see a very tired cyclist taking a lot of photographs. :biggrin:

insouciant

Über Member
Sorry for the slow reply, but have been working so haven't been able to get online properly for the last few days.

Are you still around?

And are you cycling back to the UK?!

Top Bottom