Andrew Mitchell's a typical cyclist........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Typhon

What an absolute tool. I truly despise the tabloid media. Good to see he's getting absolutely slated by everyone commenting on the "article".

Mitchell won't even be a proper cyclist and will just ride it a few hundred yards from government building to government building to show how "green" he is to the press. Then he goes back to his 4x4 when he goes back to his constituency.

Mitchell won't even be a proper cyclist and will just ride it a few hundred yards from government building to government building to show how "green" he is to the press. Then he goes back to his 4x4 when he goes back to his constituency.

I didn't realise you were a personal friend of Mitchell's. Or are you falling into exactly the same stereotyping trap that Tony Parsons has? Perhaps because you are a cyclist you really must be "one of those moronic Lycra louts that, no matter where you live, you see every day of your life – riding on the pavement, ignoring red lights, screaming abuse at anyone who raises an objection"

To me it looks like he has a sensible bike for the task and knows how to ride it competently and hasn't been suckered into the "must wear a helmet" as many novice cyclists are. Not what you would expect from someone who is just riding one a few yards for show. But never mind, back to your Tony Parsons impersonations.

Crosstrailer

I didn't realise you were a personal friend of Mitchell's. Or are you falling into exactly the same stereotyping trap that Tony Parsons has? Perhaps because you are a cyclist you really must be "one of those moronic Lycra louts that, no matter where you live, you see every day of your life – riding on the pavement, ignoring red lights, screaming abuse at anyone who raises an objection"

To me it looks like he has a sensible bike for the task and knows how to ride it competently and hasn't been suckered into the "must wear a helmet" as many novice cyclists are. Not what you would expect from someone who is just riding one a few yards for show. But never mind, back to your Tony Parsons impersonations.

Or alternatively, daft enough not to wear a helmet while riding in central London.......

Or alternatively, daft enough not to wear a helmet while riding in central London.......

Not daft then. :thumbsup:

Crankarm

Guru

Yeah one of those competent cyclists who rides a "sensible" bike with the rear tyre almost flat :laugh: .

Typhon

No, he just used to be my MP so I have seen and heard instances like this but not from him on a bike, but from his 4x4. I won't say more because I don't really fancy being sued by a multi-millionaire. If you want to find out more, speak to someone who used to live in Sutton.

Nice assumption you made that I had no idea about the man though. Great Tony Parsons impersonation of your own. ;)

You obviously haven't seen the pic of him cycling away from Downing St? The rear tyre of his bike is almost flat unless he is very very heavy or fat.

A bit flat but not very.

111-m_1588479a.jpg

Top Bottom