Andrew Mitchell's a typical cyclist........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, he just used to be my MP so I have seen and heard instances like this but not from him on a bike, but from his 4x4. I won't say more because I don't really fancy being sued by a multi-millionaire. If you want to find out more, speak to someone who used to live in Sutton.

Nice assumption you made that I had no idea about the man though. Great Tony Parsons impersonation of your own. ;)

Interesting then that you said "He won't even be a proper cyclist......" whatever a proper cyclist is, rather than "He isn't even a proper cyclist...."

Typhon

Yes, I agree. How some people still fall for such hackographies is astonishing.

You aren't very good at this reading lark are you? I already told you, I used to live in his constituency so I have heard and seen many incidents like that but I don't fancy being sued by a multi-millionaire from the same old boys network that 95% of judges belong to. That newspaper article is just one relatively minor example and I have posted it because it's at their risk, not mine.

You can choose to believe he is a passionate cyclist if you want. I choose to believe what I have seen - that he is a vile little man, a true product of the privileged old boys network who has an utter disdain for everyone who isn't "one of us". He would never have got on a bike in his life if he hadn't been told by the spin doctors it would look good.

Following the old adage "never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". I will take my bow from this thread and leave you to your child-like naivety.

Norm

I take it all back. He's obviously a very keen and enthusiastic cyclist and definitely isn't just riding a bike for the good publicity.

http://www.people.co.uk/news/uk-wor...e-drove-a-4x4-in-his-village-102039-23927979/

Some people's innocence in this day and age really astonishes me. Bless them.
Gee, I do wish people would put NSFW warnings when they link to things like The Mirror and The People.

However, the key part of that article for me, which is about something which happened a few years ago, was the line that "The vivid account emerged as the multi-millionaire politician battled to save his career..."

In other words, if this ever did avtually happen, then it's far enough in the past that it's not even worth him denying it because you could just say that he's forgotten about it, it has only come out now because a journalist has chased it out of someone who didn't want to be named. Any thoughts that the event or the person might be an act of fervently unimaginative fiction are irrelevant because he was in a big powerful 4x4 and he's a multi-millionaire and he went to Rugby school.

You aren't very good at this reading lark are you? I already told you, I used to live in his constituency so I have heard and seen many incidents like that but I don't fancy being sued by a multi-millionaire from the same old boys network that 95% of judges belong to. That newspaper article is just one relatively minor example and I have posted it because it's at their risk, not mine.

Well if that were true its a mystery how he managed to get elected throughout the last Labour Government and at the last election with an absolute majority (54%) of the vote with a 17,000 majority. People must really feel intimidated by him to vote that way with the reputation he clearly has in the constituency :-^)

You can choose to believe he is a passionate cyclist if you want. I choose to believe what I have seen - that he is a vile little man, a true product of the privileged old boys network who has an utter disdain for everyone who isn't "one of us". He would never have got on a bike in his life if he hadn't been told by the spin doctors it would look good.

Pretty crap spin doctoring then. I doubt anyone actually knew he rode a bike before last week. If its for image where are the pictures on his constituency website showing this spin driven greenness?

Following the old adage "never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". I will take my bow from this thread and leave you to your child-like naivety.

You could have just called me a pleb and it would have done just as well for sneering down your nose at those you consider beneath you. :hello:

Crosstrailer

Not daft then. :thumbsup:

In your opinion......:reading:

r80

In about 12 years of cycling in Basingstoke (largish town), I have never seen anyone jump a red. Except for the odd kid on the pavement all the cycling round here is very good so I can't understand any of these statistics.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
2067927 said:
As a general rule it is better never to read anything written by Tony Parsons.
"The Boy looked at Johnny" was quite good at the time though, wasn't it?

On another matter, I would say that Mitchell's D lock looks pretty authentic.

OP
OP
PedAntics

PedAntics

Regular
The best part of the entire 'story'?

This comment and link:

Lazy journalism and he must have had that link open when he wrote the piece. He's made a sweeping statement which some idiots may read and think it justifies their dangerous behaviour, i.e. payback, around cyclists. As others have said there are good and bad cyclists just like there are good and bad journalists, not all journo's are phone hackers or use underhand methods to get their stories - well probably not!

Top Bottom