Android music/charging dock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crazy580

You can also do this with the Samsung Galaxy S2, (which looks amazing, but sadly isn't).

Really? All the reviews I have seen give it 5/5, what are its downsides?

Really? All the reviews I have seen give it 5/5, what are its downsides?

Don't get me wrong, and I certainly do no want to hijack the OT with this becoming an Apple v Android argument. As such my comments are based purely on my own experience. I got one a couple of months ago after several years of iPhone use, and I can now categorically state that I really do not like Android! The phone itself looks stunning with it's fantastic screen, but you pay for it with shocking battery life, and the icing on th cake IME is the phone feels like a horrible piece of plastic. Due to it's size it has a plastic chassis to keep weight down, and the battery cover is the flimsiest piece of plastic I've ever seen on a phone in 20+ years, it really is nasty for a flagship phone!

Apart form that it's great :whistle:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Thanks for the ideas folks... just fancied a dock with big speakers like there seem to be millions of for the iPhone/pod whatever it's called.One than I could put in my kitchen. I can and sometimes do play its music through PCspeakers,but not often. I have a mini hifi in kitchen with usb port that i put a memory stick in with 600+ tracks on it. Have tried plugging phone into that, but takes for ever to read the music, by which time I've finished what I'm doing.
smile.gif

albion

Guru
I think there is also wifi and bluetooth streaming though to me you can't beat simple line-in.I sure most multimedia PC speakers work the 3.5mm line-in way too.

Check out Htc phones, I've had a few, love them. Like people have said youcan just use the headphone hack and a reasonable stereo. Think these docking stations are a bit unnecessary really. I use wi fi and android iplayer to stream radio shows through little cheap stereo in kitchen when cooking.

Top Bottom