android phone help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Do you need to send a lot of texts in 'stealth mode'*** ...? :whistle:

*** Once you've sorted out your problem, I might tell y'all a story about stealth texting!
no its just annoying

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
no its just annoying
Mine is a bit loud! I'll have to see if there is a way of turning the volume down for just that notification.

There isn't, but I have now selected a quieter sound which is much nicer. I also have the option of selecting a 'silent sound' even with the notification sound turned on (:wacko:) - maybe that would work for you? :whistle:

ColinJ

its started beeping after i have made a call now too
I set my 'sent notification' to 'silent' but that didn't stop it! TBH, I'm not that bothered, but it seems odd to have an option labelled 'silent' if it isn't silent ... :wacko: (And redundant anyway, since it is supposed to be possible to turn it off.)

D'oh - I've just realised that the sound/sent message that I am hearing/seeing is from Giffgaff NOT the phone itself - I have my account set to tell me how much credit I have left after every call/text! :blush:

midlife

Guru
I set my 'sent notification' to 'silent' but that didn't stop it! TBH, I'm not that bothered, but it seems odd to have an option labelled 'silent' if it isn't silent ... :wacko: (And redundant anyway, since it is supposed to be possible to turn it off.)

D'oh - I've just realised that the sound/sent message that I am hearing/seeing is from Giffgaff NOT the phone itself - I have my account set to tell me how much credit I have left after every call/text! :blush:

My giffgaff powered phone does that, is there a way to turn it off?

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Update
Took it back and explained the problem and they were happy to exchange it but they had none in stock or available in the hub branches they are in, nearest one in stock was 20 ish miles away.
I said i was happy to wait for them to get it in from the other store " cant do that "
They then offered alternatives all of which had batteries which are about half the capacity , which is not what i want so i returned the phone and asked to speak to the manager.
Upshot is they are getting a better phone in that they can get that suits my needs and only charging me half the difference.

ColinJ

My giffgaff powered phone does that, is there a way to turn it off?
I just found it ...

Login to your GG account. Click on your GG user name at the top right corner of the page. Then click on 'My profile and settings'. Scroll right down to 'Balance notifications' in the Contact permissions section.

Giffgaff said:
Balance notifications are free messages that giffgaff will send you to let you know how much credit or data you have remaining. Some find this a bit annoying, so you can turn them off or on whenever you please.

Turn them off in there!

Top Bottom