Andy got clipped by a van - arallsopp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Feeling a bit more mobile today, so hoping you're right HLaB. Going to have to have words with Teddy about using me as a canvas, of course. Doctors don't trust me with anything sharper than a crayon, but looks like he's creeping in at night and doing the dirty under the splint.

Actually, talking of the dirty, that is EXACTLY the colour of young Darcey's recent contributions. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think easing the brace let the bruising out, so I'm hoping its a quick flush then gone. It definitely hurts less than it did yesterday, so that's got to be a good thing.

Must go see the bike soon. Feels a bit odd shuffling to kitchen and finding an empty shelf.

Edit - why did I think HLaB was Abs? Durrr. Apologies (to Abs) ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Some cracking colours there - get some of that cream on them.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I hadn't appreciated the 'where' until I saw the Flickr set.

I used to come up Nine Elms Road and head for the Elephant. Pulling away from the traffic lights near the Brunswick club was a bit worrying - you just had to accellerate away as quickly as possible.

saoirse50

Veteran
Only just found out about this= ouch! Poor you! Wish my legs were that long and slim- although glad they are not that battered (not at the moment anyway- I do recognise that lovely shade of purple suffused with blue interspersed with emerging tones of yellow and orange).
Healing thoughts floating Bromleywards from SE23 (shouldn't take long).

Evening Andy. Any news? Feeling better? Changed your pants yet? :smile: The forum expresses concern...: ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I saw him today... his house full of kids and parents for Ted's birthday...Evey sure knows how to throw a party..
biggrin.gif

He's up on his feet albeit with a pair of crutches and has more hair on his head then a 60's hippy.. but he's in good form.
He's back to the fracture clinic next week

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
(wonders whether he pocket dialed Ape last night... That was the song of the bath for the evening, so if not, oddly prescient. )

Today I have mostly learnt that painkillers + frustration + ted's new Islabike do not make for a nice morning after. It seems recumbent riding does little to prepare the arms and palms for chasing Ted back and forth on crutches whilst he learnt to ride his first pedal bike. Was nice to be outside, but now the meds have dipped I realise that my hands, shoulders and arms also hurt like bugg3ry.

On plus side, Ted's going great guns. I've been looking forward to this day since I was about 15. Visualising a little boy wobbling along the pavement with my hand on his saddle and the sun in his hair. Preminiscence, I guess is the word :smile:

I'm not sure I was on crutches when I saw it in my mind's eye, but the reality is so much better than the dream it doesn't matter at all.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Oh Andy that's beautiful, slightly melancholic but beautiful.

Take it easy - have you tried padding out the tops of the crutches with padding and more bandages?

You were missed on Sunday.
If I was closer, I'd pop by- too unfit to cycle and too broke to train it.
Sending you hugs virtually instead- I know not quite the same.

Get well soon and hope the fracture clinic sees you soon and they have useful things to say.

Top Bottom