Andy Murray loses wedding ring.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Apparently, Andy Murray left his tennis shoes overnight under the team car after training at Indian Wells in California, to dry them out.
In the morning they were gone. Unfortunately so was his wedding ring, which had been tied to the shoes through the laces.
Not surprisingly, Mrs Andy is asking questions.
My first one would be, how did you manage to take your shoes off without undoing the laces, and thereby freeing the wedding ring? Presumably a pro tennis player has to have shoes laced up reasonably tightly?
Call me a cynic, but there's something not quite right with your story, Andy!

Edit to add BBC link.

Last edited:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Andy bent over and lost his ring, eh?

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Sounds like a load of tosh! :laugh:

A pro tennis player that doesn't have access to proper drying facilities and actually goes out and buys his own shoes?
.............And doesn't have a few pairs at his disposal? So if one pair gets sweaty while training, you just use another pair; and leave the sweaty ones to dry out in your hotel room, not under a car in the car park! Yeh right, Andy; pull the other one!

Apparently, Andy Murray left his tennis shoes overnight under the team car after training at Indian Wells in California, to dry them out.
In the morning they were gone. Unfortunately so was his wedding ring, which had been tied to the shoes through the laces.
Not surprisingly, Mrs Andy is asking questions.
My first one would be, how did you manage to take your shoes off without undoing the laces, and thereby freeing the wedding ring? Presumably a pro tennis player has to have shoes laced up reasonably tightly?
Call me a cynic, but there's something not quite right with your story, Andy!

Edit to add BBC link.

Theres no such ring as bad publicity though.

Dolorous Edd

I can totally relate to this. Whenever I am away from home and have wet shoes, I always take them off in the car park, put them under somebody else's car, and then walk barefoot to my hotel room, which is invariably 12 inches deep in water and therefore a very poor environment to dry anything in.

Top Bottom