Andy Murray loses wedding ring.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I avoided this problem by not having a wedding ring. Wedding rings for blokes is a bit of an American fad isn't it? Was extra put off by seeing some horrid pictures on a first aid course, admittedly mostly of industrial workers rather than shiny arses like me. Mrs PP didn't want one for herself as she's not into jewellery either
Depends when the American fad started over here... my dad got his in 1955 and I got mine in 1983!

As far as the 'who wears a wedding ring' goes

Royalty don;t seem to
My Dad and Granddad never did - my Mum's Dad - dunno but I know he did have a ring - probably a signet ring

I did read somewhere that it is more of a lower class thing - and then families that have a tradition of men wearing rings but are now middle class (or higher) still wear them

I didn;t really want one - but my wife wanted to get me one - so I wear it
lost it a while ago - had to admit it and discovered it some weeks later in the drawer iwth the holiday stuff that hasn;t been used since before the pandemic
weird

still

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I lost mine at work. I used to fiddle with it and somehow I put it down and never found it again. Bought another with the insurance money.
Im unsure why people think Murray was up to shenanigans. It sounds reasonable to me and he is known for putting the ring on his shoe.

I agree - sounds like it is probably OK

but it is funnier to comment on 'other'

I think the vast majority of people think his story is absolutely true
and his wife trusts him - but may exploit the situation in a humorous manner - as many couple do

In my opinion - if people really thought this was seriously dodgy
a) he wouldn;t have made this story public
b) people wouldn;t be making these comments in the way they are

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Depends when the American fad started over here... my dad got his in 1955 and I got mine in 1983!

I was being slightly tongue in cheek but neither my father nor my grandfathers wore them, nor any of my grandad's generation. All bar my dad were manual or industrial workers. I do recall my Uncle wearing one but perhaps because he was (nominally at least) catholic, and likewise my father in law. A fair few (blokes) of my generation wear them

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It sounds reasonable to me and he is known for putting the ring on his shoe.

There are a lot of file pics knocking around with the ring on the lace, so I'm not sure why all the Poirots on here reckon there was a rabbit away.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Breaking News.
He has got the trainers and ring back.
I reckon the apartment "security" took the for safe keeping and miraculously found them when he asked to see any security camera footage to help with retrieving it

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
All good in the end as they have been found

I dont wear a wedding ring. Even if I liked jewellery my fingers are too skinny and my finger joints too big. A ring would wobble dangerously and be a hazard .

Top Bottom