Andy's Modelmaking Misadventures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Punkawallah

Über Member
View attachment 727582

The next project on the list is a bank, and for once I actually started the model instead of getting distracted.

The Bank of Ascension naturally wants to project wealth, stability, and reliability to attract the custom of wealthy tourists. To do this they have commissioned a classical frontage, made from stone brought to the island at great expense. It will feature all kinds of cornices, accolades, scrolls, quoins, and other things I learned about online while researching this project.

In keeping with the general theme of Ascension, the less visible parts of the bank will probably be made of any old rubbish…

All ‘fur coat and no knickers’, eh? Let’s hope their safe is more prudently constructed :-)

2024_04_05_bank_02.jpg

After much effort the bank of Ascension is taking shape, such as it is.

After feeling rather smug at being able to make the window and door prints fit as designed, I realised that I now have to paint the rest of the frontage to match the off-white I used for the window surrounds. I’ll also need to extend those corner stones around the um… corners, so that it’s at least pretending to be built of solid stone.

As usual this would be much easier if I actually planned ahead instead of trying to sort out problems as I go along…

Top Bottom