Anger management

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
It seems the more cycling gear I wear the more people think they can fark with me . I find it very odd as the last time I had cross words let alone a fight was when I where a lad . ( as you do )
Ive only been on a road bike for a few months and slowly dressing up in lycra :laugh: But I really don't know how you guys keep your temper with drivers .
Tonight I was side swiped by a car while the driver gobbed off to me .
OK I called him a self-gratification artist :blush: but he was !
More details when I have slept on it as I am old and have calmed down now .

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
But I really don't know how you guys keep your temper with drivers .
Who says we (all) do? I reckon about one in fifty examples of egregious twuntery executed against me by semi-conscious bellend operators of motor vehicles every day nips my sack so hard I have to stop and have a word with myself.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Who says we (all) do? I reckon about one in fifty examples of egregious twuntery executed against me by semi-conscious bellend operators of motor vehicles every day nips my sack so hard I have to stop and have a word with myself.
is that all? I'm more like 1 in 5!!!

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Shout insults at them in a foreign langauage-they'll spend the rest of the day trying to work out what you said..

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ok i'm still wound up about this and undecided if I should just leave it and move on , complain to the college or report it to the police .
So heres what happened .
At around 830 pm I was traveling on Browells lane going past Feltham community college . The street lights are out on that road right now as they are being replaced so the road is pitch black and I had high vis clothing on aswell as fixed and flashing lights ( 5 lights in total )
Car A pulled out of the college turning right and across my path . Car B then also pulled out but had to stay on the wrong side of the road to avoid hitting me .
As I approached the lights at the Uxbridge road car A was turning right and car B left . I was turning right and as I passed between the two cars I expressed my displeasure at their driving with a hand signal
jerkit.gif

Car A caught up with me on the Uxbridge road and pulled along side . The window opened and he asked what the hand signal was for . I replied for pulling out on me and his mate was even worse . I was told that he had seen me but cars are faster than bikes and he had no idea who it was in the BMW behind him . Now given that it was pitch black and I had a very clear view of car B I couldn't have told you it was a BMW so how he knew is beyond me .
A few more words where said and the driver offered to stop and sort it out with me . This is when he started to move over into the cycle lane nudging me with the side of his car . Car A was a black 4x4 type jeep .
This went on for about a minute at around 12mph but as soon as he started nudging me with the car the car behind started sounding his horn and flashing his lights .
Car A then sped away showing me how fast his car can go :hello:

Stephen C

Über Member
I know it is not directly applicable to this case, but I find saying "Thank You!" with a cheery wave really confuses them :hello:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Ok i'm still wound up about this and undecided if I should just leave it and move on , complain to the college or report it to the police .
So heres what happened .
At around 830 pm I was traveling on Browells lane going past Feltham community college . The street lights are out on that road right now as they are being replaced so the road is pitch black and I had high vis clothing on aswell as fixed and flashing lights ( 5 lights in total )
Car A pulled out of the college turning right and across my path . Car B then also pulled out but had to stay on the wrong side of the road to avoid hitting me .
As I approached the lights at the Uxbridge road car A was turning right and car B left . I was turning right and as I passed between the two cars I expressed my displeasure at their driving with a hand signal
jerkit.gif

Car A caught up with me on the Uxbridge road and pulled along side . The window opened and he asked what the hand signal was for . I replied for pulling out on me and his mate was even worse . I was told that he had seen me but cars are faster than bikes and he had no idea who it was in the BMW behind him . Now given that it was pitch black and I had a very clear view of car B I couldn't have told you it was a BMW so how he knew is beyond me .
A few more words where said and the driver offered to stop and sort it out with me . This is when he started to move over into the cycle lane nudging me with the side of his car . Car A was a black 4x4 type jeep .
This went on for about a minute at around 12mph but as soon as he started nudging me with the car the car behind started sounding his horn and flashing his lights .
Car A then sped away showing me how fast his car can go :hello:

It's not worth it. You never who you're dealing with and if they decide to use their 2 tonnes of metal in anger then you're coming off much worse.

Top Bottom