Anger management

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zophiel

Veteran
I dont understand why whey were either, but they were easily doing more than 30mph

It seems the more cycling gear I wear the more people think they can f*** with me . I find it very odd as the last time I had cross words let alone a fight was when I where a lad . ( as you do )
Ive only been on a road bike for a few months and slowly dressing up in lycra :laugh: But I really don't know how you guys keep your temper with drivers .
Tonight I was side swiped by a car while the driver gobbed off to me .
OK I called him a w***** :blush: but he was !
More details when I have slept on it as I am old and have calmed down now .

This problem can be cured by mountain biking. When cycling on the road I often wish I had a handgun on me.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Don't mess with me when I am fuelled with adrenaline, I can take on the world,
Once the rush dies down you always regret the confrontation,or do you?

Always amazes me that angry car drivers think that cyclists are somehow weaker and therefore easier to bully, this attitude often continues even when the situation escalates and the driver steps out of the car. It can be hilarious, even farcical when the driver suddenly realises that the inferior cyclist is actually 6' 4", very fit and mean looking. Ok I know that doesn't happen often but it is funny when it does.
What we ought to be looking at as a society is what makes people angry when they drive a vehicle, because if two people bump into each other while walking, the usual outcome is an immediate apology from one or both.
Just an added observation, when I am riding with dr_pink, vehicles are more patient than when I am out alone.

Lanzecki

Über Member
Always amazes me that angry car drivers think that cyclists are somehow weaker and therefore easier to bully, this attitude often continues even when the situation escalates and the driver steps out of the car. It can be hilarious, even farcical when the driver suddenly realises that the inferior cyclist is actually 6' 4", very fit and mean looking. Ok I know that doesn't happen often but it is funny when it does.
What we ought to be looking at as a society is what makes people angry when they drive a vehicle, because if two people bump into each other while walking, the usual outcome is an immediate apology from one or both.
Just an added observation, when I am riding with dr_pink, vehicles are more patient than when I am out alone.

There was a TV program years ago where self confessed road ragers were taken to place like busy shopping centers. The drove there. In many cases the raged at the traffic on the way and were as nice as pie once the started walking around.

They see people not obstructions.

Top Bottom