Angry driver purposefully hit me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In my mind thats not an accident. Thats road rage and assault.

+1 but I think it's also an accident "if" there was contact with visible damage

It's outrageous what she's done but beware that when you make a complaint like this to the Police, they will write to the driver and notify them of said complaint then will write of the outcome (ie. no further action will be taken) and supply HER with YOUR details such as name and address!!!

I know becuase it happened to me a few years back, I was on a motorcycle and filtering through London traffic this car wouldnt move so in an attempt to move my bike past (crawling with both my feet on the floor) I accidentally hit her wing mirror. To cut a long story the driver took ecception to this and must have complained to the Police who wrote to me and then supplied me with the complainant details :whistle:

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
...and then supplied me with the complainant details :whistle:

So you could go round and straighten up the mirror?

andygates

Why, so her insurance people can pay out against the whiplash and loss of earnings claim you'll put in on top of the assault charge. :smile:

OP
OP
Eurygnomes

Eurygnomes

What is the latest on this?

Hiya,

Haven't written until today, as I'd heard nothing. Got the letter from the police today saying that they're not taking the matter further as there's insufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction.

:sad:

I think a civil avenue may be more likely to garner a response. In future, I think I'd opt for the roadsafe/stopsmidsy version. At least that way it might at least go to building (further?) the body of evidence.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions. Back on the bike after two weeks off, and I'm still committed, "four wheels bad, two wheels..." :smile:

Top Bottom