Angry driver purposefully hit me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eurygnomes

Hiya,

I'm not sure if anything can be done to redress this, but I would think that I could at least expect an apology from the woman who purposefully drove her Vauxhall (that's the one with the lion insignia, right?) with the licence plate SCO4 FML into me at the junction of Baltic St East and Golden Lane this evening - about 15mins ago.

She was pulled over to the left facing south on Golden Lane, about to do a U-turn so she could head back north. I came up Baltic St East and stopped at the Give Way sign but over to the right, so that I could go diagonally ahead down Garret Street.

I was stationery. She started her U-turn, but couldn't complete it and stopped perpendicular to Golden Lane - across both directions of travel. She shrugged her shoulders at me, shouted inaudibly in her car, and gesticulated as though I should indicate where I was going (despite no flashing amber light herself). I pointed in my intended direction. She flapped her arms more and instead of reversing and doing a 3-point turn, she didn't even pull HARD on her steering wheel in order to avoid me. I could see what was going to happen, and started walking my bike backwards quickly, she hit my front wheel (ouch) which I didn't have a tight hold of just in case she did exactly that, and then she roared off northwards.

An expletive escaped my lips. Maybe two.

I almost went across in my original intended path - and then thought, "no frickin way" and instead, went up to the junction of Golden Lane and Old Street where she was at the lights. I pulled into the non existant bike box in front of her, noted her licence plate. She opened her car door, but the lights turned green. So I pootled on homewards.

If this were a truck driver, I could contact the company and make a complaint. As it's a member of the public, is there anything I can do that will cause her to at least think twice about the fragility of a cyclist in comparison to her protective box/lethal weapon of a car?

*sigh* I'm buying a helmet cam as soon as am paid.

Thanks in advance for your comments,
'Nomes

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Report her to the police.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The City is very well covered by cameras. It might be an idea to see if you can spot one that might have recorded the incident, and to tell The Bill.

Good luck.

BTW, the Peugeot logo is a lion, the Vauxhall one is a griffin. I always get them mixed up too.

OP
OP
Eurygnomes

Eurygnomes

Thanks guys, will write to the City of London police. Thanks for the DVLA lookup - I didn't know you could do that.

Griffins, Lions and bumpers, oh my.

U

User482

If nothing else, she failed to stop after an accident.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Great campaign and website that. I can understand Smidsy's frustration too, he wears a fancy dress animal costume and people still can't see him. What more does he have to do? Travel with a travelling circus ensemble?

It should make driver's paws for thought

(sorry.. sorry...)

Top Bottom