Animals that scare you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Why thank you, Sir. :eek:

Good man. Wish I'd been closer to them than next to an aquarium... never saw one in all the years I did Scuba Diving. :sad:

I was diving for 3-4 years before I saw them... As a guide in Egypt people would request not to be in my group on the 'shark' dives as all the other groups saw them but mine.

Then on around my 400th dive I saw around 60 Hammerheads, 12 grey reef, a silver tip reef and an Oceanic White tip all in one dive... been lucky enough to see tiger, bull, leopard, black tips, grey nurse and many other sharks up close since.

Timberwolves scare and amaze me at the same time, tracking them in Alberta was incredibly exciting, seeing their fresh tracks and standing in woodland presuming they are watching you but not being able to see them was awesome.

longers

Legendary Member
On our visit to British Columbia we saw a lot of Bear Bells for sale. But we also got told they're pretty much useless. Are they effective?

Wolf04

Wigsie said:
I was diving for 3-4 years before I saw them... As a guide in Egypt people would request not to be in my group on the 'shark' dives as all the other groups saw them but mine.

Then on around my 400th dive I saw around 60 Hammerheads, 12 grey reef, a silver tip reef and an Oceanic White tip all in one dive... been lucky enough to see tiger, bull, leopard, black tips, grey nurse and many other sharks up close since.

Timberwolves scare and amaze me at the same time, tracking them in Alberta was incredibly exciting, seeing their fresh tracks and standing in woodland presuming they are watching you but not being able to see them was awesome.

You call me mental! Bull, Tiger and Oceanic white tip are all known man eaters. Timberwolves are however fine animals.
:eek:

Uncle Mort said:
Bloody hell. It says they can run at 48kmh! :eek:

Barely (bearly!) credible, eh? They can climb trees, swim like eels and crash through the densest undergrowth, so there are no avenues of escape!

The truth is they are mostly fearfull of man and keep their distance but how do you distinguish the occasional rogue...

PS: fascinating background info too Uncle M.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Wolf04 said:
You call me mental! Bull, Tiger and Oceanic white tip are all known man eaters. Timberwolves are however fine animals.
:eek:

The only ones that make me slightly nervous are the Oceanic Whitetips as they are fearless and tend to "mouth" objects in the water to see if they are edible.... all others where fine, although I would never willingly snorkel with any shark (or with Dolphins when I cant see the sea bed) have done it in the past and that is a bit nervy!

Perfect Virgo said:
Barely (bearly!) credible, eh? They can climb trees, swim like eels and crash through the densest undergrowth, so there are no avenues of escape!

The truth is they are mostly fearfull of man and keep their distance but how do you distinguish the occasional rogue...

PS: fascinating background info too Uncle M.

I was always told a black bear would run from the sound of a gun shot but a grizzly (may just be protective mothers) would run toward the sound. may be complete bullsh*t though...

Arch

Married to Night Train
velocidad said:
soltydog's dogs scare the hell out of me!

Nah, they were pussycats... If you see what I mean...

Of the animals I'm likely to meet, only really afraid of wasps. More exotic, yes, things like scorpians, anything that might crawl into you boot overnight....

2 year old nephew Oli's Dad took him to Marwell the other day, and they went to look at the snakes/spiders/lizards etc. Apparently the conversation went like this:

Dad: Look oli, can you see the snake?
Oil, in very small voice: Yes
Dad: are you scared?
Oli: no
Dad: look, there's a big spider, can you see?
Oli: yes
Dad: Are you scared?
Oli: no...

and so on. His favourite bit? The tractor that pulled the road train round. :eek:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
My pet parrot NagNag ... she has a taste for human flesh and likes nothing more than attacking you while you're cleaning her out ... oh and the wife too ... she scares me when she says "darling" :eek:

Norm

Sam Kennedy

I used to get a bit nervous around wasps, but now they just annoy me.
However, if I saw one of these I would probably poo+pee, then run faster than Lance Armstrong on his Bike Down hill!
mandarinia2.jpg

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Lisa21 said:
Most scariest animal has got to be spiders.......It makes me realise how fast I can move. When I see one:ohmy:

Once in Australia I was looking through some tshirts on a rack in a clothes shop. H'mm I thought. these two shirts are stuck together. As I pulled them apart SOMETHING big, hairy with way too many legs dropped onto the floor with an audible THUD.

I actually screamed before running out the door at the speed of light.

Fight or Flight response?. Flight wins every time with me when it comes to spiders

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Halfmanhalfbike said:
As I pulled them apart SOMETHING big, hairy with way too many legs dropped onto the floor with an audible THUD.

I actually screamed before running out the door at the speed of light.

Oh. My. God.:biggrin:

I think I would have fainted.

Top Bottom