Annoying Go Pro back ground noise hopefully sorted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
I've been enjoying using my Go Pro camera now for the last few weeks but the only thing that's annoying is the sound. The mic picks up the surroundings brilliantly but there's been a really annoying rattling/buzzing back ground noise whilst cycling over poorly surfaced roads.. It's taken ages trying to track it down. The Go Pro mount is securely mounted and the camera is a snug fit in its case. There's no brake cables vibrating against it either.
After a bit more investigation i think I've discovered the awful noise. The Gro Pro mount also has a Garmin mount incorporated on the top and here's where the problem lies. The Garmin head unit clicks into the mount nice and positively but once in, there's a VERY small amount of movement. Going over poorly surfaced roads is enough for it to vibrate slightly and the noise is channelled straight into the Go Pro.
I've put some very thin velvet padding now into the Garmin mount to cushion it out, and its problem solved.
I just thought i would post this up just incase any members here may be experiencing the same problem.
All the best Johnny 👍👍

Top Bottom