Annual Simplified Climbing Lunacy Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
Your timestamp is after you picked it back up and got onto the path.
Due to total lack of knowing what I was doing ^_^
If you go back to the start you can see the approach from the Colne side and subsequent re-alignment of the horizon at about 1:20

bluenotebob

Veteran
It's also saved within the "Media" section of the forum as well,

@steverob ... a general question unrelated to this thread .. how did you load the image to the Media section? Do you use "Add Media"? and is it simply a case of creating your own (unique) filename to make it sharable?

If you have a couple of spare minutes in the next week or so to reply, I'd be grateful - thanks !

steverob

Guru
@steverob ... a general question unrelated to this thread .. how did you load the image to the Media section? Do you use "Add Media"? and is it simply a case of creating your own (unique) filename to make it sharable?

If you have a couple of spare minutes in the next week or so to reply, I'd be grateful - thanks !
Pretty much, yes.

I already had an album created within the Media section of CycleChat (cause I was sharing some photos), so just went into Add Media there and then uploaded the picture I had already created from my PC.

Once that was done, I clicked on the file on the site and on the page that opened there was a section called Share This Media which had links that you could use to post the image elsewhere. The name given to the file by CC is based upon the name I gave it originally on my PC, but the system adds on the number at the end that makes it unique I guess.

1670497920727.png

bluenotebob

Veteran
Pretty much, yes.

I already had an album created within the Media section of CycleChat (cause I was sharing some photos), so just went into Add Media there and then uploaded the picture I had already created from my PC.

Once that was done, I clicked on the file on the site and on the page that opened there was a section called Share This Media which had links that you could use to post the image elsewhere. The name given to the file by CC is based upon the name I gave it originally on my PC, but the system adds on the number at the end that makes it unique I guess.

Thanks very much - that's all really helpful !

I've not used the Media section at all so now's the time to learn a bit more

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Squashing things into signatures can be tricky. Each my lines of stars are individual images (one five silver stars, one five gold ones) are individual images that I made and uploaded to the media section.
full.png

and
full.png

steverob

Guru
On a similar note I actually did a three bronze star image for the same reasons, then decided to go down the "number X star" route in my signature the next year. But I'll put it here in case anyone wants to use it.
full.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I think I may be out of this. I've had a bit of a cycling hiatus due to one thing and another. I did my October imperial century at the weekend - it was 1,343 m, so short of my 1,500m target and I found it very tough going. I don't think I'll be fitting in three 1,500m rides between now and the end of the year.

Doing a countback I see that if I'd set my target to 1,462m instead of 1,500 I would have succeeded. So I'll be back next year with a 1,500m target. It won't be my primary aim - but as I'm downgrading from the imperial to the metric century a month it should make for some "ethical" rides. Better get route planning ...

Ridgeback Roller

Über Member
I'm failing this challenge at the last hurdle. Today was realistically my last chance to fit a ride in this year but I'm struggling to shake off a heavy cold that's developed into a cough. It's my own fault to fall 1 qualifier short, I had plenty of opportunities earlier in the year but tempted fate by opting to leave the final one until December, to make it more of a personal challenge. I won't be doing that again........

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
I'm failing this challenge at the last hurdle. Today was realistically my last chance to fit a ride in this year but I'm struggling to shake off a heavy cold that's developed into a cough. It's my own fault to fall 1 qualifier short, I had plenty of opportunities earlier in the year but tempted fate by opting to leave the final one until December, to make it more of a personal challenge. I won't be doing that again........

Real sorry to hear that

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl

I was lucky I was already done as Nov/Dec have been write offs due to weather, illness, visitors and incompetence on my part (who forgets a 50km ride in Nov?) so 50km challenge failed, 100 miles as weather/illness commitments meant Nov didn't happen. At least I managed the two lunacy ones!

Last edited:
Top Bottom