Anodised Ti ? (pretty colours??)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
Enigma do a variety of finishes in house, including anodising, when I was there (2013-16) it was a popular option, although more for logos and personalised detailing more than it was a whole frame.
565564 565565 565566 565567
For those who wanted more colour they normally had them painted; again in house.
For many a splash of colour is enough to 'lift' the visual

Attachments

• Blue1.jpg
    Blue1.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
I just love the raw titanium look on mine, it makes a Ti bike look like no other.

FAA25F34-40E2-4989-B3C1-BA80455F15BB.jpeg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Can you get coloured - but unpainted - Ti frames?
What else would folks like to tell me about this, just to really show-up my ignorance??
(it was mentioned in passing on R4 this morning, on a prog about Aluminium with quite a lot of bike frame content :smile: )
There's a big Firefly gallery here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fireflybicycles/page1

I quite like some of the small and subtle details. I'm not quite why you'd un-ti ti.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
I just love the raw titanium look on mine, it makes a Ti bike look like no other.

View attachment 565573
I totally agree with that, understated, classic, hard wearing and timeless. For me it's actually part of the appeal of Titanium and that's before you factor in the super smooth ride quality, durability, robustness and corrosion resistance to name just the key points that spring to mind; they tick so many boxes for me.

My Van Nicholas Yukon and Van Nicholas Chinook look nearly as good now as they did in 2007! Note anodising the frame doesn't result in the same hardwearing finish as it does for components; which are not that impressive either! In comparison Titanium frame anodising is more susceptible to scratching and being buffed back with solvents found in lubricants and cleaning products; I'd personally recommend anodising as detailing and logos only.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Van_Nicholas_Chinook_Campagnolo.jpg
    Van_Nicholas_Chinook_Campagnolo.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
Very nice bike!

PaulSB

Legendary Member

View attachment 565573
Yep, I've only had mine two weeks. To date all my bikes have been black or grey with a discreet splash of colour. A small part of my reason for buying titanium was colour but mainly it was because the huge shortage of carbon frames in the right size forced me to look at ti.

Despite colour being a small influence on choice, I couldn't find any carbon colour I was prepared to ride, I was nervous about the choice.

I now love it. The ride, the look, the comfort and the colour - every time I glance down on a ride I think "Yup, good choice."

Gunk

Guru
Yep, I've only had mine two weeks. To date all my bikes have been black or grey with a discreet splash of colour. A small part of my reason for buying titanium was colour but mainly it was because the huge shortage of carbon frames in the right size forced me to look at ti.

Despite colour being a small influence on choice, I couldn't find any carbon colour I was prepared to ride, I was nervous about the choice.

I now love it. The ride, the look, the comfort and the colour - every time I glance down on a ride I think "Yup, good choice."

Me too, bought mine two weeks ago, always wanted one, like you I feel I’ve made the right choice.

Top Bottom