Anohter knee pain question....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SoulOnIce

OK, I recently fitted clipless pedals and had a bit of trouble getting the settings all sorted. I thought I had it sorted but apparently not.

I have not cycled for about a week now but my left knee is still slightly sore. It is on the outside front of the knee where the problem is and has a dull ache (3 out of 10 on the pain scale) and my knee clicks ever so slightly when I extend it.

As I've said I've not been out on my bike cos I think it will only make things worse - and I know I need to adjust my cleats before I do ride again.

But in the meantime any tips for what I can do to speed the healing process?

As ever, thanks in advance for advice from the CC oracle.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
You probably need to change the direction of the shoe (and adjust the cleats) on that shoe until it goes away. Is it on that little lump of bone on the outside of your leg or just generalised?

col

Legendary Member
Iv read somewhere that if your clipless attachment doesnt have some play,this can cause knee problems?That is if the foot is held too stiff when clipped in,there needs to be some movement so as not to force your knee into an unnatural position while pedalling and allow the foot to move from side to side a little.

OP
OP
SoulOnIce

SoulOnIce

Ta for the suggestions. I guess I didn't make myself clear.

- I am pretty certain it was my clipless pedals that caused the pain
- I know I need to sort this out
- but at the moment I am not riding my bike cos I don;t want to make things worse

What I'm looking for is tips to speed the healing process?

The pain is on the outside front of the knee where the problem is and has a dull ache (3 out of 10 on the pain scale) and my knee clicks ever so slightly when I extend it.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
SoulOnIce said:
What I'm looking for is tips to speed the healing process?

Go and pay to see a proper sports physiotherapist. Expensive, but worth it.

I've just done this for a tendonitis problem, an hour cost me £48.

Clicking: I get that but it's my arthritic knees.

My suggestion is a simple knee support bandage and the pain reliever gels which reduce any inflammation. Something like Biofreeze, available at Boots.

If no better after a few days - docs

col

Legendary Member
Bag of frozen peas as often as you can,ibubrufen,if it still doesnt go after a few days as crackle said.

walker

Sounds like an anterior cruciate ligament problem to me, possible it will persist and get worse, see a doctor.

As for the clicking, ignore it, it will happen all the time from here on in. its only where the part of the bone has worn away making the clicking noise in the knee joint, everone has got it or will get it with age, its nothing to worry about unless it gets painful

Top Bottom