Another bad cyclist with no concern for others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I am not so sure; if the dog was running out of control and you tried your best to avoid it, then hanging around trying to apologize or shout remonstration to a potentially irresponsible and incensed owner wouldn't appeal to me either!

You would have thought he'd at least of stopped, either to apologise to or shout at the owner. Just clearing off is a bit stupid.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Sounds bad, but we currently only have one version of events.
I've got a dog myself and although he is generally well behaved and obedient, he is kept on a lead anywhere near roads or in shared spaces like this, to avoid this type of unfortunate incident.

The dog made a full recovery, thankfully, or full scale mob of Yeomans would be hunting down cyclists!!!
Joking aside, as the ad suggests, we need to share the road / paths and be considerate

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Something very odd about this story. The cyclist 'ran over the dog with both wheels'. And yet:

"Despite the seemingly horrific injuries, Cheech was able to come home later on and a delighted Mr Goldsmith told his followers: “After a day with Bruce, Cheech is home!!!

"He is so strong "made of steel" no broken bones but seriously bruised of course & properly miffed!”

Um, sorry, but chihuahuas aren't made of steel. I find it very hard to believe you could run one over with both wheels and leave it fine to come home later the same day, miffed or not.

Having said which, I do think it looks like careless riding, to say the least. I always slow right down when there are dogs around, because they're brainless wee buggers, and you never know what they're going to do next. Hitting one looks, as I say, pretty careless to me.

Something very odd about this story. The cyclist 'ran over the dog with both wheels'. And yet:

"Despite the seemingly horrific injuries, Cheech was able to come home later on and a delighted Mr Goldsmith told his followers: “After a day with Bruce, Cheech is home!!!

"He is so strong "made of steel" no broken bones but seriously bruised of course & properly miffed!”

Um, sorry, but chihuahuas aren't made of steel. I find it very hard to believe you could run one over with both wheels and leave it fine to come home later the same day, miffed or not.

Having said which, I do think it looks like careless riding, to say the least. I always slow right down when there are dogs around, because they're brainless wee buggers, and you never know what they're going to do next. Hitting one looks, as I say, pretty careless to me.

Odd indeed.

I always gun for chihauhaus when I'm on my road bike with slicks but when I'm on the MTB with knobblies, I avoid them like dog poo in the path. They always get stuck in the tyres and make schlopp schlopp yelp yelp schlopp schlopp noises as the wheels turn. Really irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom