Another cyclist fatality in Leeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very sad. RIP

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Note the newspaper said "close to" not on the roundabout. I'm a little concerned this thread seems to be victim blaming, when said victim may have even been trying to get off and push or heading to the crossing.
I don't think anyone is looking to blame the 'victim' (the report doesn't give any detail about what happened) - I think it's just genuine concern and advice to be careful around that area from people who know it. :smile:

OP
OP
G
Afik, the gentleman was killed at the junction with Whitkirk Lane - @User9609's street-view turned round 180 degrees. Looks relatively innocuous - until you ride it. Drivers thinking they're already on the dual carriageway 100 yards ahead. Or having come off the dual carriageway, thinking they're still on it. I've had numerous near misses on that stretch, frome every imaginable direction :sad:. Agree with @User46386 - that whole stretch from Cross Gates station to the Skyliner, and the rab, is just plain nasty.

DRM

Guru
Afik, the gentleman was killed at the junction with Whitkirk Lane - @User9609's street-view turned round 180 degrees. Looks relatively innocuous - until you ride it. Drivers thinking they're already on the dual carriageway 100 yards ahead. Or having come off the dual carriageway, thinking they're still on it. I've had numerous near misses on that stretch, frome every imaginable direction :sad:. Agree with @User46386 - that whole stretch from Cross Gates station to the Skyliner, and the rab, is just plain nasty.
He would have been riding in that direction as I know he was going to Garforth.

Top Bottom