Another daft Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was in Spain a few years back and for a whole week we seemed to have strong headwinds and crosswinds to contend with, then one day we ended up in the Jalon valley with a tailwind. I was in a big group of riders and we were doing 35 mph almost effortlessly. For 10 minutes I got a feel for what it would be like to be really fit!

I had a similar experience earlier this year on a forum ride with bromptonfb and potsy, climbing up the A6033 out of Hebden Bridge. A strong tailwind picked up ...

On his blog said:
We had a strong tailwind going up the 4.5 mile climb from Hebden Bridge up the Keighley Road.

At times, ridiculously powerful gusts were pushing us up the hill. One of those turned me into an Alberto Contador clone. I launched a devastating attack which took our little peloton by surprise. Not even Andy Shleck could have responded to my blistering pace. Okay, he wasn’t actually riding with us today, and if he had been, he’d have had the same tailwind shoving him up the hill, but hey, this is fantasy, right?

I’ve never before had the thrill of riding up a significant hill at 25 mph – it was fun, fun, fun and gave me a little taste of what being really fit must feel like! :becool:

Top Bottom