Another daft Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apollo179

Yes - and then i woke up ! Seriously - obviously no i havnt. It was a generic cycling empathy - non tdf stage specific.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
LOL. I am amazed no one else has even eluded to blood doping et al. IIRC somebody did use a train back in the early days of the TdF. Maybe it is an urban myth however???

I remember seeing a photo, and I can't remember where or when, of what I think was a tdf from years and years ago and the rider cresting a hill was smoking a fag. No wonder they started using drugs if they had to combat the effect of smoking as well as the hills.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I remember seeing a photo, and I can't remember where or when, of what I think was a tdf from years and years ago and the rider cresting a hill was smoking a fag. No wonder they started using drugs if they had to combat the effect of smoking as well as the hills.
That is just amazing. Mind you everyone was about 8 stone and strong as an ox in olden days.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
tumblr_kx9k0siFNp1qb20c9.jpg

Not the one I saw originaly but still...

RedRider

Pulling through
If I want to reach speeds anywhere near the tdf riders then I train. That is to say I take the train.:biggrin:

Like Mile-a-Minute Murphy?

Picture+1.png

rowan 46

Über Member
One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that these are exceptional people anyway. These people were born with a physical advantage over most of us, you can't just make an athlete you have to be born one. After that training etc kicks in. Yes training, diet, equipment etc will make you better but its unlikely to make you like these people.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that these are exceptional people anyway. These people were born with a physical advantage over most of us, you can't just make an athlete you have to be born one. After that training etc kicks in. Yes training, diet, equipment etc will make you better but its unlikely to make you like these people.

And lots and lots of drugs.

TVC

The advice everyone has neglected so for is to start when you're 8 years old and dedicate your entire life to it. If you're not able to be 8 again then forget it.

Bowling along at 20mph is enough to impress any none bike rider so just stick with that.
wink.gif

Top Bottom