ANother foot pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
dorsiflexion.jpg

Image shows location of pain only when foot action dorsiflexion is made.
Only one foot affected and the pain is a 'burning' stabbing feeling in that one area.
I have changed my shoes recently and may have over tightened them.. but I am dubious as to that being the cause.
Doesnt affect any activity or performance so curiosity in trying to work out what's going on is why I ask if anyone else has had similar?

Plantar fasciitis ?

OP
OP
I am Spartacus

I am Spartacus

Über Member
It's on the outside of the foot therefore away from the foot arch, which is why it has me curious.
The cycling shoe I am not ratcheting up tight for the moment to see if that makes it go away.

OP
OP
I am Spartacus

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Sussed it out... combination of new carbon soled blingy white road shoes and over enthusiastic use of the ratchet system... ridden with the shoe a lot softer over the top of the foot.. no harsh compressing of , I think probably the extensor tendons.. and the pain has more or less gone away.
No compromise either on climbing efficiency - I am still fabulous.

ak1jain

You need to go to a physician or something who can help you get rid of this. There can be something which you cannot see right now, but may end up with something which you do not like.

So visit your doc and let him know the symptoms. print of image will help him further :blush:

How to get rid of stuffs?

OP
OP
I am Spartacus

I am Spartacus

Über Member
ak1jain said:
You need to go to a physician or something who can help you get rid of this. There can be something which you cannot see right now, but may end up with something which you do not like.

So visit your doc and let him know the symptoms. print of image will help him further :sad:

How to get rid of stuffs?

:biggrin:

Physician.... how is a goatee wearing Open Univerisity type explaining Newtons 3rd Law gonna help....(irony off)
read previous.. overtightening of ratchet system on shoe - bad thing.

sonooo

yoga retreat

Yoga is a way of life, an art of righteous living or an integrated system for the benefit of the body, mind and inner spirit. This art originated, was perfected and practiced in India thousands of years ago. The references to yoga are available in 'Upanishads' and 'Puranas' composed by Indian Aryans in the later Vedic and post- Vedic period. The main credit for systematizing yoga goes to Patanjali who wrote 'Yoga Sutra', two thousand Years ago. He described the principles of the full eight fold yogic discipline. He composed the treatise in brief code words known as 'Sutras'. 'Yoga Sutra' is the most important basic text on Yoga. yoga retreat It is through this basic treatise that the essential message of yoga spread throughout the world.

Jim_Noir

spam.jpg

Paul_iow

I am Spartacus said:
Image shows location of pain only when foot action dorsiflexion is made.
Only one foot affected and the pain is a 'burning' stabbing feeling in that one area.
I have changed my shoes recently and may have over tightened them.. but I am dubious as to that being the cause.
Doesnt affect any activity or performance so curiosity in trying to work out what's going on is why I ask if anyone else has had similar?

Im assuming the pain is in your right foot on the inside of the leg, as per the picture.

If its a stabbing burning feeling then it is more likely nerve compression. This sounds like you are experiencing tarsal tunnel syndrome which cause compression of the tibial nerve. The nerve runs down the inside of your leg and behind the "ankle" or medial malleolus. When you dorsiflex the foot you are reducing the tarsal tunnel space. Doing shoes up to tight also decreases this space making the pain worse.

You need to loosen the shoes, it seems you have already done this, to make sure the nerve is as free as possible. If you are still having problems go and see a Podiatrist as there may be more going on in your feet to cause problems.

OP
OP
I am Spartacus

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Cheers for that... definitely concur with it being 'nerve' related pain.
The culprit might actually be one of my Shimano SPD shoes I use for indoor training.
Was in the locker room and in bare feet the affected area was more sensitive after an hour or so wearing the shoes.
This is odd 'cos have had the shoes for over 2 years and regularly worn and no previous problem.
For indoor work might just swap over to another shoe - dig out a pair of cheapo clunky Aldi specials that are heavy but serviceable.

Top Bottom