Another from the Bristol area !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Hello, I have enjoyed reading posts on here for a while so thought it was time to sign up.

I cycle to work 3-4 times per week on a fast-ish Giant FCR3, and also have a dubious cheap far-eastern aluminium framed hybrid bike, with 35mm tyres as a rough/spare.

I'm a Solicitor living in a village called Winterbourne, just north of Bristol & I work in Bradley Stoke, so the shortest route is only 4 miles. I prefer the 6, 8 or 10 mile routes !

I also enjoy maintaining my boys' bikes, and my wife has a bike too. I prefer cycling around locally to driving, wherever possible.

Got a baby seat for the 1yr-old to come out with us and some kind soul gave me one of those 2-seat bike trailer things - but it is very heavy and my missus is nervous about me taking the baby out on the road in it.

I look forward to reading some more great posts and learning a lot more, as well as helping others where I can.

All the best

James

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
welcome to the site!

my mum lived in winterbourne for a while. love the climb to get there from the hambrook lights!! i know what you mean about the routes though, the longer the better for me!!

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Cheers chaps !

Strange to say, I have never cycled up from the Hambrook lights - but I can see it would be challenging. I sometimes go home up Winterbourne Hill which is a low gear steady climb & very satisfying.

All the best

Top Bottom