Another great day today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First ever group ride today, I was always a bit worried that I would keep up with the other group members and that I could ride as far as them. Actually it turned out it was just two of us as the others bottled out because it was a bit cold and foggy first thing. The last time I did 55km I found it a real struggle, so when the other guy suggested a 55km loop I was a bit daunted. I have to say that I found it a breeze, and it included 2 category 4 climbs. I loved every minute of it.

Everyone says time in the saddle gets you fitter and better, they are right and I am loving it. Next stop 100km I think:thumbsup:

Biker Joe

Über Member
Excellent:thumbsup:
I'm glad you enjoyed the ride.

OP
OP
DooDah

DooDah

Veteran
What makes it even better is that the guy I was riding with has been racing for 20 odd years. He put this little group together and after the ride said "you'll be fine with us lot". That is a big boost of confidence, and means that I will now want to go out with them every weekend, rather than dread it.

OP
OP
DooDah

DooDah

Veteran
i hope that every day after, is as good as this one for you, well done
Thank you:thumbsup:

400bhp

Guru
What makes it even better is that the guy I was riding with has been racing for 20 odd years. He put this little group together and after the ride said "you'll be fine with us lot". That is a big boost of confidence, and means that I will now want to go out with them every weekend, rather than dread it.

Sucked in. Report back in next week after the 50 mile chaingang ride.:whistle:

OP
OP
DooDah

DooDah

Veteran
Sucked in. Report back in next week after the 50 mile chaingang ride.:whistle:
You must be a bloody curse. Went out today and there were six of us. I found out shortly after setting off that they are all racers, a couple competing a a high standard and a semi-professional triathlete. Did 64km at 27km/h over very hilly terrain. It nearly effing well killed me. In fact I can't actually walk up the stairs at the moment.

400bhp

Guru
It will do you a world of good that ride. You sound like you went through the pain threshold at high tempo. You will come back stronger.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom