Another great piece of poetic justice...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wouldn't have helped the twat, unless (obviously) he'd been injured. If he's going to go out of his way to make someone's day worse, he can see what it's like from the other side for a change. If that means his car has to stay in the ditch until it rusts away, that's fine. Besides, it's not as good a story if it ends with the bloke getting a push out of the ditch ... where's the poetic justice in that?:angry:

Well the rude driver will have learned the very important lesson - 'what goes around comes around'...and, if you want to get religious 'do unto others what you would have done unto yourself'. That's the golden rule. Maybe he'll think twice about abusing people in future. IMO he had the bad luck coming to him given his behaviour.

lukesdad

Not really a good idea for a Ped to be walking on an icy road with cars sliding around. Perhaps said driver was concerned about Peds. safety:smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
lukesdad said:
Not really a good idea for a Ped to be walking on an icy road with cars sliding around. Perhaps said driver was concerned about Peds. safety:smile:

Oh yeah, right...

Always nice to see someone abusive get their comeuppance...

Greedo

The driver was obviously a w8nker and I would have told him in no uncertain terms, but I would still have given him a hand I reckon.

Was always brought up that 2 wrongs don't make a right!

Mr Pig

Well, right or wrong, I would have walked past laughing. I would like every driver who hurls abuse out of the window to crash twenty seconds later. Sounds pretty ideal to me.

lukesdad

Mr Pig said:
Well, right or wrong, I would have walked past laughing. I would like every driver who hurls abuse out of the window to crash twenty seconds later. Sounds pretty ideal to me.

And every cyclist too.....Eh?

Arch

Married to Night Train
lukesdad said:
Nothing to do with him being a motorist then....;) Same old tune.

Nothing to do with being a motorist no, and everything to do with being a rude arrogant twat. If a cyclist abused me, I'd be happy to see them land on their arse, same with a pedestrian.

My boss and I almost went to the aid of a 4x4 stuck sideways across a terraced street yesterday, wheels spinning helplessly trying to get up the camber of the road. But we had a job to get on with, so we forwent the pleasure of offering to pull them free with a couple of tricycles. TBH, we'd only have helped with the ulterior motive of feeling superior.

We laughed quite a lot though. How evil we are.

just jim

Archie_tect said:
Seems the fount of human kindness is frozen... so, it's sad world we live in if the consensus is that leaving someone so obviously in need of help is justifiable, even if they were a bit stupid. especially given that the person stopped to ask if help was needed.... to walk on is inexcusable.

I think you'd really have to be there, trudging in his shoes. How unpleasant it is to be subjected to abuse from complete strangers - what right do they have? None at all.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I think I'd have helped the guy out and then suggested he might need to reconsider his previous abuse afterwards.

Giving someone a chance to show some humility is often the start to them actually learning a lesson.

Top Bottom