Another hand pain thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
Since doing my first century at the weekend I've got some issues with my left hand. Basically my little finger, and to a lesser extent my ring finger, is really hard to straighten. I also have a really weak and hard to control grip using that hand. There's no pain as such but I get a weird aching feeling further down my wrist when I try to straighten it. The fingers will go into their correct positions if you put them there but I can't properly control them.
I'm pretty sure it was caused by my bike fit. My new stem had yet to arrive when I did the ride and as it was I was leaning a fair bit on my hands. I also kept finding myself gripping really tightly without meaning to.
It's got a bit better but it's still really not right. Anyone had any similar experiences? I'm just wondering if I need to see a doctor or if it's something that will sort itself out in time?

Mr Phoebus

Easier said than done...But! You've really got to try and relax your grip, especially at those distances.
It's surprising how much vibration goes through your palms/wrists, etc.
A tight grip will just aggravate it even more.
The nerves have took a pounding by the sounds of it.
Trouble straightening your fingers? That sounds like carpal trouble. :ohmy:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Move saddle rearwards a few mm, surprising how this can remove weight on the arms and hands. If then too stretched, get a slightly shorter stem.
Raise bars a tad?
Rotate the lever hoods back towards you.
For long distances you don't want to be too "forward" on the bike.

Top Bottom