Another help question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I expect the Voodoo will be better than the two previous hybrids.

I ended up with the Carrera in the end and have done 2, 30mile journeys on it and improved by riding 2mph faster

weareHKR

I've just acquired a Cararra Crossfire 1, saved from the local tip of course. Never had a Hybrid before but I was actively looking for a 29er at the beginning of the year, well until everyone decided to add a couple of hundred quid COVID tax to everything! :wacko:
Anyway, it's a nice aluminium frame, quite light, would have been even better if I could have found a pair of rigid forks for it, those sus forks are so heavy.
As the whole drive chain was shot I'm replacing it with a narrow/wide single-ring crankset, using the bike for cycle paths/towpaths only, keeping my MTB's for off-road.
I'll let you know how it goes & how it rides compared to 26er's.

I've just acquired a Cararra Crossfire 1, saved from the local tip of course. Never had a Hybrid before but I was actively looking for a 29er at the beginning of the year, well until everyone decided to add a couple of hundred quid COVID tax to everything! :wacko:
Anyway, it's a nice aluminium frame, quite light, would have been even better if I could have found a pair of rigid forks for it, those sus forks are so heavy.
As the whole drive chain was shot I'm replacing it with a narrow/wide single-ring crankset, using the bike for cycle paths/towpaths only, keeping my MTB's for off-road.
I'll let you know how it goes & how it rides compared to 26er's.

I'm doing something similar with a tip bike. I was after a hardtail to have as a winter bike, but ended up with a 90s steel rigid instead. :laugh:

Good luck with the project, keep us posted :okay:

Cool, don't knock the 90 steel rigid mate, I've got three of them... great rides! :bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

I won't knock them, as I've essentially come back full circle - when I got back into cycling, it was on a mid-80s rigid. :smile: Lovely to ride, but it wasn't half a heavy beast...

Mine's a Raleigh Max. Am hauling it into the 21st century with a new wheelset, drivetrain and shifters, and once it's done, t'll make me a really nice winter bike. I live out in the boonies, and to quote a fellow CC member, the roads out here are biblically bad.

weareHKR

I won't knock them, as I've essentially come back full circle - when I got back into cycling, it was on a mid-80s rigid. :smile: Lovely to ride, but it wasn't half a heavy beast...

Mine's a Raleigh Max. Am hauling it into the 21st century with a new wheelset, drivetrain and shifters, and once it's done, t'll make me a really nice winter bike. I live out in the boonies, and to quote a fellow CC member, the roads out here are biblically bad.
Nice, you'll have to post some pics when you're done... :becool:

Nice, you'll have to post some pics when you're done... :becool:

It's still very much a WIP, but the project thread is over HERE :smile:

I'm a little overdue in putting some new pics up, but you'll get the idea of what I'm trying to do. Although that wasn't my original intention, which was for a hack bike, but like your Carrera, the drive train was completely shot, so it made sense to start with a fresh sheet of paper.

weareHKR

It's still very much a WIP, but the project thread is over HERE :smile:
Nice thread, lots of info in there, the bike looks good!

Top Bottom