...another knee issue..burning pain....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Dzzi

saw the physio on Wednesday, some ultrasound and a session of acupuncture, he then showed me how to tape my knee to assist with the correct location of my knee cap...got the ok to cycle although he advised not to get out of the saddle much and particularly not before im fully warm which at my age (48) takes about 10 miles i reckon....

Anyway did 25k on Saturday took it very slowly (not much choice as fitness seems to have vanished in the month that has passed !) Some soreness just above kneecap but no massive flare up of the intense buring pain so im hopeful that im heading in the right direction.

Another visist this week and i will then have to call a halt as it's not cheap, i think longer term i need to look at my bike fit so will need to budget for that...

Got on fine with the tape, although ripping it off on Sunday wasn't the best part of my weekend !

OP
OP
D

Dzzi

oh and physioroom delivered the tape no problems and at a very competative price compared to the walking into a running/bike shop in the city of London !

Andy Jeffery

Hi. I had a similar thing going on but a month off the bike and proper bike fit did it for me. I was just about to get back on the bike when I was rushed to hospital with a burst appendix. It will now be June before I get back on the bike as they had to cut across the stomach deep joy. Good luck with the knee and I hope all get better soon.

vickster

Legendary Member
saw the physio on Wednesday, some ultrasound and a session of acupuncture, he then showed me how to tape my knee to assist with the correct location of my knee cap...got the ok to cycle although he advised not to get out of the saddle much and particularly not before im fully warm which at my age (48) takes about 10 miles i reckon....

Anyway did 25k on Saturday took it very slowly (not much choice as fitness seems to have vanished in the month that has passed !) Some soreness just above kneecap but no massive flare up of the intense buring pain so im hopeful that im heading in the right direction.

Another visist this week and i will then have to call a halt as it's not cheap, i think longer term i need to look at my bike fit so will need to budget for that...

Got on fine with the tape, although ripping it off on Sunday wasn't the best part of my weekend !

hint...always always remove the tape in the shower or bath, hurts far less. ;)

jarlrmai

Veteran
I haev my physio appt tommorow, been able to do an hour or so on the bike with stretching before and after but I still get discomfort afterwards and towards the end of the hour.

Interesting Dzzi, I'm currently out with a misaligned pattela and I meant to ask the physio about tape but forgot: Next time.

OP
OP
D

Dzzi

@Andy Jeffery sounds pretty awful, best wishes for a speedy recovery..

@Crackle did the physio have a view on what was causing yours ?

In my case it's slight and it's a muscle imbalance but not as obvious as yours sounds. I think my right quads are pulling it out of line and I have exercises to pull it back and stabilise it. She also 'worked' on it, which was initially painful but less so the 2nd time. I don't know what triggered it but my hamstrings are really tight as well and I'm generally sore around my knees which she thinks are all at muscle insertion points. So whatever I did whilst running has triggered it and I've ignored the initial warning signs, probably because I didn't recognise them.

Top Bottom