Another local cyclist down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
RIP condolences to family and friends

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't normally come into this part of the forum because I find it very depressing but a friend of mine had been over in Haworth yesterday and had phoned me to say that her bus home had been cancelled due to an accident on the Keighley Rd. I told my friend that it must be something serious if the buses were not running ...

I went online today to try to find out what had happened. I read about this death a couple of hours ago.

I have done that descent at speed many times, and I have seen and experienced problems on it. There is a blind left-hand bend as you enter the woods below Pecket Well. If you do not judge it properly, it is easy to veer out towards oncoming traffic. Equally, you have to hope that somebody is not driving up the other way and cutting across the bend, or even worse - overtaking on it!

I once had a driver coming up that hill try to overtake a stream of cars towards me. The only way I missed him was by swerving to the left and I was very lucky to stay upright since there was snow and ice there at the road side.

It isn't obvious what happened here, but somebody clearly made a serious mistake, unless there was a sudden mechanical problem on the bike or car.

It must have been a dreadful thing for his cycling pals to witness. RIP!

Top Bottom