another mobile phone thread _EDIT advice regards cases at the end of the thread please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A windows based phone is likely to be a poor decision, most apps aren't available and those that are often have missing features. Add to that a total lack of updates, and it's a bad choice.

If you have an SD card slot on your phone (which you probably will), put a card in and it will use that as well. You can move existing apps onto the SD card to free up internal memory.
done that .

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Update
Spoke to swmbo and as it was payday i have just bought a moto c plus , £70 at argos . I had to order a replacement sim as the new phone is nano sim only :sad:
Its certainly bigger than my old moto e 1st gen , in fact so big i am going to keep the old one as a phone for cycling with as i dont fancy lugging a 5 " phone in my jersey pocket unless people are ok with them ?
Secondly
Cases .....
What are people thoughts on what to go for ? I dont really want a big bulky case in my pocket so what are peoples thoughts on socks , back cases etc ?

midlife

Guru
I have had Spigen cases which fit well, you could always buy a sim cutter to make your Sim nano sized.

si_c

Guru
Keep my 5" sized phone in my middle jersey pocket, plenty safe in there. I use a sandwich bag for it's waterproof properties.

si_c

Guru
I used to do the same with my brevet card zip bags. My phone is in an Otterbox but dust and grass clippings from work still got in and the zip bags only last a week, so I now also use the Fickaskåp which also keeps a card and money.
Fair play, I only tend to do it on longer rides so phone is in jersey pocket, when I'm riding locally or commuting I tend to wear regular shorts and keep my phone in my pocket, sans case. I do like the look of that case though, seems great value for the product.

Top Bottom