Another mouth to feed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
FIL found a kitten in his garden this morning and no one has claimed it yet, local lady with scanner said it's unchipped and rest of the family seems to have adopted it.
What are the average cost to chip and vaxx?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
What a sucker. ^_^. Maybe £60 all in. It's been a long time since I had a cat so not certain.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pets 4 vets often do vaccinations for life for a one off £150. We did this with the two ragdolls as we make the money back after 3 years. Eases the cost as we have 4 cats.

Slick

Guru
As I read this thread, next doors cat has just wandered in for his nightly pet and a few treats to set him up for his long night guarding my garden. There may be a wee one somewhere breaking their heart over the missing kitten. Maybe a couple of posters or a Facebook post to at least try and reunite the owner and lost kitten. :okay:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Don’t forget spaying/neutering costs at the appropriate time.

As I read this thread, next doors cat has just wandered in for his nightly pet and a few treats to set him up for his long night guarding my garden. There may be a wee one somewhere breaking their heart over the missing kitten. Maybe a couple of posters or a Facebook post to at least try and reunite the owner and lost kitten. :okay:

^^^^^^^ this

Sadly not everyone chips their cats, much to the frustration of those of us involved in rescue.

Please get in touch with your local branch of CP - they will have a lost and found page. Also, go and knock on doors as well as the other suggestions.

If, after all that, no one claims the kitten, then by all means. Chip in this neck of the woods is around £20, and I think a course of kitten vaccinations is £60. Plus around £60 for a spay or £40 for a castrate.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yes, as said above, spray/neuter, kitten vaccination then again once a year for life.
Monthly flea and worming treatments, for life.
Cat food, it's not cheap!
I supplement my cat's diet with cooked chicken.
I buy a whole chicken, cook it, then portion it and freeze, works out much cheaper than giving him just cat food
BigCat enjoys it :smile:

Top Bottom