another nail in the coffin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

why do we allow ourselves to be swayed by idle gossip, insinuation and tittle tattle?

No swaying here, I'm convinced! Just waiting for the courts to agree with me ;)

I do happen to agree with you about the above handbags story though. Proves nothing. It seems it potentially can be a serious issue as far as the law is concerned though.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Or more gossip with very little substance...I mean come on folks, if the guy is guilty, let him be found guilty beyond doubt in the appropriate court, if not, why do we allow ourselves to be swayed by idle gossip, insinuation and tittle tattle?

Crackle was merely linking to a report of the incident. We are entirely at liberty to read all the tittle tattle, innuendo and gossip and ,ake up our own minds as to its authenticity. Cheers :thumbsup:

Erratic

Crackle was merely linking to a report of the incident. We are entirely at liberty to read all the tittle tattle, innuendo and gossip and ,ake up our own minds as to its authenticity. Cheers :thumbsup:

Very true, my previous comment was aimed more genereally at the popular press and their seemingly constant fuelling of the fire rather than Crackle's posting of another of those said stories.

No swaying here, I'm convinced! Just waiting for the courts to agree with me ;)

You can think whatever you like, it still has to be proven in a court of law and should be allowed to run it's course accordingly - whether he is guilty or innocent, the constant stories etc. do nothing positive for pro cycling and cast a long shadow over ther rest of the cyclists.

yello

You can think whatever you like

Thank you. I do. ;)

I am sure that you are no different to any of us here. Take any subject, it needn't be Armstrong or even cycling. You form your own opinion about it based on whatever source and means.

Btw, there is more than just "idle gossip, insinuation and tittle tattle" underlying the allegations made against Armstrong. :smile:

Or more gossip with very little substance...I mean come on folks, if the guy is guilty, let him be found guilty beyond doubt in the appropriate court, if not, why do we allow ourselves to be swayed by idle gossip, insinuation and tittle tattle?

Unsubstantiated maybe, gossip no. Interfering with a Federal witness is a serious offence if it is substantiated and we all saw him ride up to Simeoni in the tour, so he's capable if intimidation or is that gossip too. Even if he just talked to him, it was unwise.

And I'm afraid I disagree with this 'sshhhhhhh, someone will hear' approach to the problems in pro cycling. It's a thread following the prosecution of Armstong and the article was in Cycling News, not on some blog, in there becasue it's significant not just gossip.

Noodley

Or more gossip with very little substance...I mean come on folks, if the guy is guilty, let him be found guilty beyond doubt in the appropriate court...

....phew, thank goodness you said that, I had been forming my own opinion, but now you mention it I shall no longer do so.

Keith Oates

Janner
and the lawyers will be counting the dollars they will get into their bank accounts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

From the article FM linked to...

Larner told the Times that she doubted that it would help the FBI because the confrontation occurred in the bar area. “I wish I had the incident on tape, so the whole world could see what happened between Tyler and Lance, and shut up about it already,” she said. “It was a non-event.”

My bold. My gut feel is it probably was just that, nought more than a pissing contest probably. One that, under the circumstances, could have been expected. Still, it seems 'witness intimidation' is a serious offence so maybe this could go on the charge sheet too. Something to add pressure, be traded-off in exchange for testimony.

Don't forget, the FDA are after more than Armstrong. The net is broader than him, though he could well be the biggest fish in that net.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
From the article FM linked to...

My bold. My gut feel is it probably was just that, nought more than a pissing contest probably. One that, under the circumstances, could have been expected. Still, it seems 'witness intimidation' is a serious offence so maybe this could go on the charge sheet too. Something to add pressure, be traded-off in exchange for testimony.

Don't forget, the FDA are after more than Armstrong. The net is broader than him, though he could well be the biggest fish in that net.

She would say that woudn't she?

From the article linked to by Crackle - she is described as a friend of Armstrong

Noodley

When (and I use this on purpose as I believe it is a certainty) Armstrong is found guilty, he and his supporters will continue to deny it anyway. Or use the "they were all at it" argument to justify his cheating.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
When (and I use this on purpose as I believe it is a certainty) Armstrong is found guilty, he and his supporters will continue to deny it anyway. Or use the "they were all at it" argument to justify his cheating.
the worst thing about it is that they wouldn't be far wrong (except for the justification bit). I've been really taken aback by stuff written about my favourite cyclist of the moment.

Erratic

His guilt or innocence should and will be decided by a court of law, not the press, and be dependent on verifyable and impartial evidence - that's the way I understand things.

Noodley

His guilt or innocence should and will be decided by a court of law, not the press, and be dependent on verifyable and impartial evidence - that's the way I understand things.

That's fine, come back when he is found guilty and leave the rest of us to have a good gossip about the cheating Texan. :tongue:

Top Bottom