another nail in the coffin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

"Did report", note the past tense. This is all very confusing. Saugy has more recently reported as saying the samples were from anonymous riders. From that same article...

Last week he confirmed to the Neue Zürcher Zeitung that there were four “suspicious” samples, but that they were anonymous

My assumption was that they couldn't be identified, so why he told the FDA that they were Armstrong's is just weird. But then, equally as odd, is why they claim to have spoken to both Bruyneel and Armstrong about the results and/or EPO tests generally - whether the samples were known to be from Armstrong or not. It's just not adding up is it?

Erratic

Any hint of when the investigation against LA is going to finish? Seems to be a lot of rumour, gossip and circumstantial stuff going on but no actual evidence as of yet.

Alun

Guru
I didn't support Bertie at first, but I think I do now! Sending one riders blood to a lab that can detect 1 ppm and another riders blood to a lab that can only detect 400ppm. That's not justice, he'll walk!
Level playing field please, if that's not asking too much!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I wasn't sure what to read into that; any ideas?

I'm not sure either. Some sources are saying it's because the 60 Minutes thing has sapped his credibility. Some are saying that he just doesn't need it. The latter seems a bit odd considering it hasn't been set up that long.

yello

The 'official' version, from Team Armstrong, is that the the '60 Minutes' allegations have now been successfully debunked by Armstrong's legal team so the site was no longer needed.

Having not read the site, nor even being aware of it's existence, I shouldn't even really begin to speculate... but what the hell! Perhaps to remove any embarrassing or incriminating statements, or untruths, from the public domain? A tactical withdrawal to consider their position? I wonder if the new legal bods on the team considered the site to be unhelpful to their end game strategy... since they must be planning for that now.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
The 'official' version, from Team Armstrong, is that the the '60 Minutes' allegations have now been successfully debunked by Armstrong's legal team so the site was no longer needed.

Having not read the site, nor even being aware of it's existence, I shouldn't even really begin to speculate... but what the hell! Perhaps to remove any embarrassing or incriminating statements, or untruths, from the public domain? A tactical withdrawal to consider their position? I wonder if the new legal bods on the team considered the site to be unhelpful to their end game strategy... since they must be planning for that now.

http://tiny.cc/7uqc9

Here is a page from site - accessed from the Google Cache

Erratic

Seems a lot of people benefit from keeping this story going, wonder if magazines and websites who feature the allegations get a readership spike... Hopefully there is still a place in the world for being innocent until proven guilty.

BJH

Über Member
Me thinks the lady doth protest too much!

Never saw the rest of the site but I can't see anywhere on that page that says 'I never, ever, ever, cross my heart, swear on my gran's life doped' L. Armstrong.

Which seems to suggest to me that he is very, very aware of being caught telling lies. Threat of legal issues at some point??

Top Bottom