Another New Year looms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
It is that time of year when many people recount where they are in life. Any big changes with CC'ers? All being well I should hopefully be able to look for and buy my narrow boat to start plans for stopping work in the next 18 months. I plan to use as many recyclable materials as possible and repurpose as much as possible. I will be cycling a load more and will get a decent camera as I am really enjoying the photography. I hope to spend more time writing and maybe even find someone to share it with but not holding my breath there. It will be what it will be. ✌

tyred

Legendary Member
I'll be pleased to see the back of 2021.

A friend died in a house fire early in the year. Then another friend who I was very close to died from cancer in September.

I bought a new build apartment back in May which should have been a positive thing but some sort of row between the builder and the architect mean the sale hasn't completed and I still haven't got the keys and has caused me a lot of stress. It was supposed to be ready at the end of June.

Then I got wiped out by a driver at a junction (well it was my fault as I came from nowhere and he couldn't be expected to see me) and I have had two ankle operations and am still out of action and likely to be be so until the end of January at least.

I have no idea what next year will bring but hope it will be better than this year.

Chief Broom

Veteran
This year i pre-empted my cars demise and bought a bike :okay: a steep jelly legged learning curve and a negative is now a positive, im fitter healthier and looking forward to getting better at this cycling lark :laugh:
Its been quite stressful recently as my accommodation is rapidly falling to bits and i will need to move on before the roof leaks or blows away :rolleyes: So i expect to suddenly find myself in somewhere new and another chapter begins :okay:

mpemburn

Having seen several decades worth of New Years, I can’t call any particular year a “bad” one. Maybe that’s due to selective amnesia. Dunno.

This past year had it’s ups and downs, certainly. I was out of work for the first few months, though got hired into a wonderful small company in March and I’m doing some of the best work I’ve ever done in software development. Both my wife and I are able to work from home full time, and that’s a great thing—the hour to hour-and-a-half daily commute was wearing. We also celebrated 34 beautiful years of marriage. She is the best!

The saddest thing this year was the death of our little dog a month ago. She was nearly 14, and was taken down by cancer. She was our first dog together (we each had one as children), and she was the most beautiful and loving creature.

I do look forward to a good year in 2022. My company is growing, and we’ll probably be moving into the European market this year. Part of my job is preparing the software to be usable in any language, and I’m eager to see how that works out.

I leave you with a picture of Belisama Freespirit—Bel—whose spirit now chases the rabbits and squirrels in the world beyond.
9F1971E3-D268-46CF-9FE7-AE2781A95546.jpeg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I don’t pay attention to New Years other than it’s moving away from the shortest day.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
2021 can take a running jump

early in the year mini ck 1 health issues meant the doctor was talking palliative care and was put on child protection order along with regular visits from social workers, psychologists etc etc.his mood swings left me verbally and physically abused at times to the point where i would have took my own life if i had acess to the knife at that moment and for many months i would make plans on how would be the easiest way to top myself.
currently hes been stepped down to child in need with ASD ,gender dysphoria and chronic kidney disease so we are in work up for transplant.
neighbours son is now being monitored by plod after i had to call them after years of verbal abuse against mini ck 1 and minor property damage which i got on camera in the end trouble is that his dad is in the same mould so never thought it was anything, heck a grown man giving a kid the finger as they walked by.
mrs ck ongoing health issues mean she struggles especially mentally as her side effects from cancer treatment as a kid has affected her cognitive skills so you have to walk on egg shells not saying anything that might set her off, complains its not a happy house but most of the time im not happy because she been snapping all day , take yesterday when i got a mouthful for moving the shopping trolley so people could get by.
ohh and the latest fun with my collarbone

Top Bottom