Another newbie!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,
Well what can i say? I have been into cycling for about a year now. as a child i tooted about on bikes, as a teen an knocked about on a bmx. as i discovered beer, fags and girls i never really looked at pedal power. in my 20's i got fat and lazy with additional 'issues' so i decided with getting married and the birth of my daughter to get my act together, shed a few kg's and leave the car at home.
Well what a difference - i've lost 5kg, have moved on career wise and i am a genrally much happier balanced idividual, in fact a new person. life on a bike is AMAZING! i can't belieive how much it has changed my life.
I am currently commuting 4 out of 5 days a week (4.5miles each way) and going for a casual 20ish mile ride most weekends . I have got myself the lovely new Trek 7.3 on BTW. i am now looking to up my game, shed the rest of my weight, imporve fitness and get into longer rides, touring etc.

Can anybody recomend routes around Harrogate North Yorkshire? and/or cycling groups?

I look forward to using this forum, most i've seen have been a bit daunting!

Peace

DTD

Veteran
Welcome. Can be a bit addictive this cycling lark.

colly

Re member eR
Hi Dharma Wheel,

Leeds here so not a million miles from your area.

Getting out towards Summerbridge and Pately Bridge and even Gouthwait reservoir there is some great countryside to ride in. Closer to home there is Menwith Hill , Fewston etc and the moors over Otley/ Ilkley as well. I guess it depends on how far and how hilly you like it.

Welcome abord.:hello:

Top Bottom