Another poor showing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I agree Keith - they should all have popped into the nightclub... ;)

k-dog

Yeah, fantastic wasn't it.

Oh wait, that's not what you were saying...

I was there though - great atmosphere and England just never looked quite in it.

It's got to be hard coming into the place and listening to the stadium belt out 'Flower of Scotland' (more so than any other nationality as it's obviously a song about England) and listening to the pipes and everything - pretty good intimidation which always helps.

killiekosmos

Veteran
k-dog said:

I was there though - great atmosphere and England just never looked quite in it.

It's got to be hard coming into the place and listening to the stadium belt out 'Flower of Scotland' (more so than any other nationality as it's obviously a song about England) and listening to the pipes and everything - pretty good intimidation which always helps.
Maybe next year at Twickers you could try some intimidation: Morris dancers, Brass band...

Other anthems mention other countries by name or implication: Star Spangled Banner, God Save the Queen (rushing north to crush rebellious Scots) As Billy Connolly says: That'll be right!

Noodley

I doubt if I was the only one whose arse left the sofa when White stopped Sackey near the end...as one the crowd went "OOOmmmmph" - then started into Flower of Scotland ;)

Melvil

Watched it in a pub in Glasgow - people were going mental...brilliant atmosphere. I see it as a good thing. If England are this poor they need a good boot up the arse before a really important tournament, like the world cup.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
twentysix by twentyfive said:
Yeah the loon with the hardened balloon is really scary ;) :blush:

Scarier still, that is no balloon. It is a sheeps bladder!:biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
k-dog said:

I watched this a bit whilst I was watching the kids. Ordinarily, say at Twickers, you would have two great big flags one being the English flag the other the opposition's being unfurled and laid on the pitch or held out tight for the obligatory overhead shot of the pitch during national anthem time.

Scotland had two Scottish flags. Why?

Top Bottom