Another positive insurance tale...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
At around 8am yesterday, I noticed a damp patch on the ceiling/wall of our loft bedroom. A little while later, it had become a drip and stream running down the wall. A bit of investigation said it was associated with the main water storage tank. Turing off the domestic stop cock stopped the drip and run. Problem was that tank is behind a fixed bulkhead (yes crappy design).

Phoned insurance company at 10am - they said, yes we are covered & will notify Emergency Plumber.
A few minutes later, Emergency plumber phoned, arranged to visit within 60 minutes.

Insurance company phoned, to confirm Plumber and to remind me we had cover if we needed to move out as we had no water supply - book into hotel and send them the bill.

By 1300 the plumber had investigated, identified, the problem, replaced the leaking joint, and left. He advised there was another maintenance problem associated with scaling of the tank water supply that was likely to cause a future problem - we should have it looked at.

1400 Insurance company phoned, to check all was ok and confirm we were covered (minus excess) for any making good. (I will DiY it for less than the excess)

1415 today, Plumbing company phoned, to say they had consulted Insurer re the other issue and had been authorised to visit again to deal at no cost to us. Appointment arranged for tomorrow.

1430 Insurance company phoned to confirm plumber appointment and that there was no cost to us.

Hiscox are not the cheapest, but quality of service is outstanding.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
As they say, you get what you pay for. Well done Hiscox. (I don't work for them, but for one of their competitors.)

Top Bottom