Another prone cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
Beautiful afternoon, just perfect for cycling and trying out my new "selle italia max flight gel flow" Cycling into the centre of Bristol, just up from Warmley station cyclist down! and being attended to. This is the third such incident I have seen in as many weeks...the first occurring at Easton not far from the start of the cycle track where a cyclist was lying in the middle of the track and a fellow good Samaritan was attending to her wounds by apply a towel to stop the bleeding. Just a few feet from her was a cyclist leaning up against a bridge, rather dazed. Then two days after this on a fast downhill section, again just before Warmley (and very near the position of the cyclist down today) a rider was lying at the side of the track being attended to...he appeared to be out cold!! Accidents are beginning to feel like buses, I see none for many many months and then like buses all at once?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Yup. The B2B Railway Path is the place to go and see the gifted and unskilled clash in apparent shared-path nirvana. Club cyclists, beginners, dog walkers, walking family road blocks and more. Drunken teens, tombstoning canal boats from bridges is a firm favourite of mine. Chuck in the steam train, manned by amiable volunteers and coal enthusiasts and it makes for the finest weekend of outdoor, human companionship.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
About 5 years ago there were reports of people spanning fishing wire across the entrances of the Staple Hill Tunnel. Not hear so much of that in recent years. I wont bang on about who's to blame for these accidents or how they happen but the most common near miss I always have when using the path is the typical situation of a cyclist overtaking a pedestrian and under-estimating the speed of an on-comming cyclist.

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
About 5 years ago there were reports of people spanning fishing wire across the entrances of the Staple Hill Tunnel. Not hear so much of that in recent years. I wont bang on about who's to blame for these accidents or how they happen but the most common near miss I always have when using the path is the typical situation of a cyclist overtaking a pedestrian and under-estimating the speed of an on-comming cyclist.
I remember the fishing wire incident well, I think they spanned one of the bridges not far from Warmley

Top Bottom