Another Raleigh Twenty project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nicely colour coordinated @FrankCrank

Today I are be mostly riding my old Triumph, starts first kick every time ^_^
1.jpg

2.jpg

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Aha - so you go round spraying graffiti eh

DFUQ!

Blimey - had to look that one up. You streetwise gangsters know all the slang.

Take it you've covered a good few stretches of the Kennet? Done as far as Aldermaston Wharf a couple of times. Been meaning to do that route to Silchester instead of the road that I usually take to get there. Might try further to Newbury and back, which is around 40 miles I think, but without suspension it takes its toll on them towpaths :okay:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Blimey - had to look that one up. You streetwise gangsters know all the slang.

Take it you've covered a good few stretches of the Kennet? Done as far as Aldermaston Wharf a couple of times. Been meaning to do that route to Silchester instead of the road that I usually take to get there. Might try further to Newbury and back, which is around 40 miles I think, but without suspension it takes its toll on them towpaths :okay:

Myself and the Fragrant MrsP have cycled the K&A From the Oracle to Bath, and then on to Bristol and back a couple of times, but on hybrids. I cycled from Aldermaston to Erleigh Road back in February on the Brompton, that was a mistake.

Visited the Museum of English Rural Life (MERL) the other day. Well worth a visit if you're in the area, loads of wagons and carts and stuff.
Among the collection a nice old boneshaker, and no, it's not a prototype Raleigh Twenty :laugh:
1.jpg

And then a bit more luxury on a Fergie, ooh arhh....
2.jpg

And you can really spoil yourself in a Series1 Landie.....
3.jpg

Will try and find the Cole zoology museum next, hidden away somewhere on the Reading Uni campus :okay:

Just back from the Cole Museum, nice little hidden treasure. Had just fitted some new tyres to my Puch so took it for a test ride there. The old tyres were falling apart as I prised them off, on them it says 'made in Austria', so guessing they were the original ones from new. The bike is single speed, so no SA hub to help with the year of manufacture. Anyways, it's good now for another few decades I expect :okay:

20230609_153052.jpg

Top Bottom