New Raleigh Twenty Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I bought another R20 folding bike today, no idea why, don’t need it, don’t really want it, don’t really like the folders of this era. Probably bought it ‘cos it cost a tenner, and it works, it’s not a basket case. Not sure what I’m going to do with it yet, watch this space.

Sellers photo below. More to follow later.
IMG_4936.jpeg

You beat me to it. Was round there this morning and they said it had just been sold.
As you say, for a tenner, hard to say no. Doubt there's better fun and fettling to be had at the price. Keep us posted, and lots of pics :okay:

That's a better backdrop than the brick wall RBK use. Looks in pretty good condition for an old timer, doubt you'd need to do much to it really.
Not a fan of the twist shifter, but easily converted to trigger shifter if that's your thing.
I've got a '77 Twenty back in Thailand, the year I left school, modernized quite a bit, rides great.
Will you be slinging out a Kingpin to make room now..................ha ha.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That's a better backdrop than the brick wall RBK use. Looks in pretty good condition for an old timer, doubt you'd need to do much to it really.
Not a fan of the twist shifter, but easily converted to trigger shifter if that's your thing.
I've got a '77 Twenty back in Thailand, the year I left school, modernized quite a bit, rides great.
Will you be slinging out a Kingpin to make room now..................ha ha.

The twist grip will be going, I will not getting rid of any Kingpins.

simongt

Guru
Someone put a dog collar round the hub to keep it clean.
I've done that with my bikes; strips of leather from an old belt. Keeps the hubs clean. Time was that specific wee belts could be bought for that very purpose, although most hubs etc. were of course chromed steel thus more prone to rust. :dry:

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've done that with my bikes; strips of leather from an old belt. Keeps the hubs clean. Time was that specific wee belts could be bought for that very purpose, although most hubs etc. were of course chromed steel thus more prone to rust. :dry:

I remember seeing specific leather ones back in the day, never seen a dog collar used before.

simongt

Guru
never seen a dog collar used before.
Does the job - ! :okay:

Top Bottom