1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another reason not the wear a helmet

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Twenty Inch, 24 Sep 2007.

1. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

My commuting buddy Tim told me this morning that the rain was washing "a year's worth of sweat" out of his helmet and into his mouth.

Eeeyuuuu!

2. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Mmm. I probably should look at replacing mine soon. I seem to have some green mould growing on the padding. Yummy!:biggrin:

3. pete236uk

pete236uk Active Member

I hate wearing a helmet

4. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

LOL! I had a spectacular crash in Hyde Park off my skates yesterday after the Freewheel. No helmet, and I hit my head. Not very hard mind you, so a helmet wouldn't have helped. Bit of road rash on my knees though.

5. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Welcome Pete. An interesting first post.....:biggrin:

6. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Ah but if you were wearing your helmet, you would have saved your knees from road rash....... I think:wacko::biggrin:

7. BentMikey

Ah, the possibly infamous Thompson Rivera Thompson study?

8. piedwagtail91

piedwagtail91 Über Member

same here. i'm in two clubs, in one they all wear a helmet ,in the other most don't.

9. gazzaputt

gazzaputt New Member

Take the helmet into the shower with you and hey presto clean and fresh.

10. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

I always take my helmet into the shower with me :biggrin: :biggrin:

11. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

The foam pads in my Giro Havoc are velcro'ed on, so I just peel them off, rinse them out and put them back on.

If you're really smelly, wash them under the tap, wring them out a bit so that they're still reasonably damp and then microwave for 2 minutes. Kills the bacteria that make the smell.

I also microwave my Buffs if I've been extra sweaty and wet; saves washing them too excessively !!

12. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Yes I wasn't really going to change my helmet just because it got a little mouldy (oo-er!!). I've grown attached to my fungus!!:biggrin:

Seriously though I hadn't thought of putting them in the microwave. Good idea. I'll just have to do that when the wife isn't looking....

13. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Haha mikey - I made a fool of myself saying hello to you at the freewheel, only it wasn't you!

I saw a skater bombing along, and as I caught him saw that his skates look much like the ones in your avatar.

He didn't seem too please when I asked him if he was BentMikey, but saw the funny side when I explained :biggrin:

14. BentMikey

Hehehehe, sorry Jacomus. It's a pity I didn't get to say hello, and I should have told you to call me LS-Mike. :biggrin:

Video of the freewheel coming up shortly, it's just rendering now, then I'll need to upload it.

15. BentMikey