Another reason not the wear a helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mmm. I probably should look at replacing mine soon. I seem to have some green mould growing on the padding. Yummy!:biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL! I had a spectacular crash in Hyde Park off my skates yesterday after the Freewheel. No helmet, and I hit my head. Not very hard mind you, so a helmet wouldn't have helped. Bit of road rash on my knees though.

BentMikey said:
LOL! I had a spectacular crash in Hyde Park off my skates yesterday after the Freewheel. No helmet, and I hit my head. Not very hard mind you, so a helmet wouldn't have helped. Bit of road rash on my knees though.

Ah but if you were wearing your helmet, you would have saved your knees from road rash....... I think:wacko::biggrin:

gazzaputt

Take the helmet into the shower with you and hey presto clean and fresh.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
The foam pads in my Giro Havoc are velcro'ed on, so I just peel them off, rinse them out and put them back on.

If you're really smelly, wash them under the tap, wring them out a bit so that they're still reasonably damp and then microwave for 2 minutes. Kills the bacteria that make the smell.

I also microwave my Buffs if I've been extra sweaty and wet; saves washing them too excessively !!

goo_mason said:
The foam pads in my Giro Havoc are velcro'ed on, so I just peel them off, rinse them out and put them back on.

If you're really smelly, wash them under the tap, wring them out a bit so that they're still reasonably damp and then microwave for 2 minutes. Kills the bacteria that make the smell.

I also microwave my Buffs if I've been extra sweaty and wet; saves washing them too excessively !!

Yes I wasn't really going to change my helmet just because it got a little mouldy (oo-er!!). I've grown attached to my fungus!!:biggrin:

Seriously though I hadn't thought of putting them in the microwave. Good idea. I'll just have to do that when the wife isn't looking....

Haha mikey - I made a fool of myself saying hello to you at the freewheel, only it wasn't you!

I saw a skater bombing along, and as I caught him saw that his skates look much like the ones in your avatar.

He didn't seem too please when I asked him if he was BentMikey, but saw the funny side when I explained :biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Hehehehe, sorry Jacomus. It's a pity I didn't get to say hello, and I should have told you to call me LS-Mike. :biggrin:

Video of the freewheel coming up shortly, it's just rendering now, then I'll need to upload it.

Top Bottom