Another stolen bike story.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big boy

After reading the story of the returned stolen bike, i thaught i would share this with everyone.
Years ago when i wqas a kid my mums bike was stolen from the alleyway, back then we never really had to worry about things like security.
Im 49 now so as i said i was a kid when this happened, dad drove a skip lorry for f&R CAWLEYS.
Me and my sis would hear dads lorry long before dad would turn into our road.
Mums bike had been gone for a week or two,when me and sis hear dads lorry coming.
As we loked down the road we saw dad driving along , and someone franticly cycling in front of him.
It turned out to be a bloke on mums bike, my old man had clocked him riding it along the high st.
After stopping him he made him ride it back home, the fellow denied all knowledge, and said he had paid some bloke some money for it.
Dad had none of it and ofered to make a cal to the police for him :o)
The bloke was very lucky not to get a good hiding, dads long dead now but, that is a good memory :o)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Bloody HGV drivers.. think they own the road! :whistle:

Great story! Probably get locked up for emotionally distressing a criminal nowadays though! :laugh:

Haha funny!

Share your stories?

Had my teenage MTB nicked when I was younger, it turned up over 30 miles away being used by a prolific house burglar who'd had robbed his way across the north west. Funnily I had to explain to the nice policeman returning it that the pick axe handle strapped to the crossbar wasn't mine, and was likely evidence for them!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
My younger brother moved away to south wales after graduating and took his MTB with him. On a return visit some time later he brought his bike with him so we could ride and kept it in the garage at his in-laws a few miles from where I live. The bike got nicked from the garage and he went back to wales broken hearted minus his £600 kona. A month or two later I was pulling up out side my house in the car when I saw someone ride past on bro's bike. After a moments hesitation I turned the car around and gave chase but he was gone. A week or two later still I was driving home with my wife when we passed him again, still riding the stolen bike. I told my wife to drop me off at the end of the road then go straight home and call the police. I stepped out in to the road and stopped the thief. It was sh*t scary. Although he was a skinny streak of p*ss he was covered in tattoos on his face neck and hands and although I am a pretty big and physical bloke You just never know what might happen?

He protested his innocence and claimed he 'bought it down the pub'. I gave him the choice, walk away and I won't stop him or stay and argue his case with the police. He stuck around and needless to say I got the bike back for the my brother. The police did let slip that the guy had a long record for theft and handling so even if his story about buying this bike was true I don't feel bad about getting it back from him.

Great stories.

When I used to live in Dublin (cycle theft is pretty rife there :sad: ) I was introduced to a mate of a mate, he was telling me at the time (now 5 years back) that few years earlier he'd his Brompton nicked :sad: but a couple of months before he'd seen a bloke riding what looked like his Brompton, he followed it to a local supermarket and put a lock on it. A while later the new owner came out and said he'd bought it for 50EUR or something a few weeks back; I can't remember if there was a reimbursement but he got his bike back :thumbsup:

Top Bottom