Another touring "what bike" thread - Sub 1K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Don't mind him, he just likes sniping.
Its called honesty.........

I have never posted that ebikes look elegant......unlike others who think that bike is. To me its just an ugly mess
I asked why upthread and you still haven't answered.
So seems like deliberate winding up to me, result of long festering your end.

On that bike itself skipdiver, do you really think it is up to loaded touring? I'm not too bike-techy but to me it looks if anything a bit too elegant.

Gunk

Guru
A steel tourer from Spa in Harrogate matches your spec, not least because Spa will customise gearing and components.

The rim brake version isn't currently on the website, but the Wayfarer disc version is.

It has canti bosses, so I imagine could be ordered with rim brakes.

On t'other hand, the disc compatible frame has more clearance for wider tyres.

There's even short and long frame versions, whatever that means.

https://spacycles.co.uk/m1b0s225p3866/SPA-CYCLES-Wayfarer

I’ve never come across these before, very nice traditional old school bikes, expensive though.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The Spa Tourer uses Reynolds 725 tubes which I believe are regarded as superior to those used on the Dawes Galaxy, which is a bit cheaper.

To a limited extent, Spa offer customisation for ready made money.

No doubt some changes will be charged extra, but when I looked into buying a Spa bike, tinkering with the gear ratios appeared to be included.

jowwy

I asked why upthread and you still haven't answered.
So seems like deliberate winding up to me, result of long festering your end.

On that bike itself skipdiver, do you really think it is up to loaded touring? I'm not too bike-techy but to me it looks if anything a bit too elegant.
so someone posts an opinion on a bike and then if he doesn't give a reason for his dislike hes either called a troll or a wind up merchant or many other names........its just my opinion, you don't like it then that's fine with me, i'm not going to ask you to post your reason fro not liking my opinion, i'll just respect it. it really is that simple......

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
to me yes it is....sorry if i upset so many people with my opinion, but that's really what it is...my opinion
I’m not upset, that would be rather extreme. I was surprised and intrigued because your reaction of disgust was so at odds with my own thoughts. There’s no compulsion for you to justify yourself but it seemed reasonable to respond to your post on a public forum by wondering why you feel that way.

Last edited:

jowwy

I’m not upset, that would be a rather extreme. I was surprised and intrigued because your reaction of disgust was so at odds with my own thoughts. There’s no compulsion for you to justify yourself but it seemed reasonable to respond to your post on a public forum by wondering why you feel that way.
horrible stem, horrible short top tube, the saddle looks terrible, cabling is awful, i could go on, but i think you get the jist of it..........

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
so someone posts an opinion on a bike and then if he doesn't give a reason for his dislike hes either called a troll or a wind up merchant or many other names........its just my opinion, you don't like it then that's fine with me, i'm not going to ask you to post your reason fro not liking my opinion, i'll just respect it. it really is that simple......
But you’re comment is not in any way helpful to the OP. If you really feel the need to express your opinion why comment in such a rude brainless manner.... Unbelievable!

Top Bottom