Another Wet Wednesday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Yesterday was yet another Wet Wednesday commute, I've been rained ☔ on for the last 3 Wednesday's now.
I was wondering if anyone else is noticing that Wednesday is a wetter day than any other ?

Cycling into work yesterday was okay but by the time I left work to cycle home it was pouring down.
The previous week it had been raining in both directions and the week before that I'd spent a very wet day in Belgium watching the Brugge-De Panne cycle race.

IMG_20230322_172717.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I, too, was out on bike the yesterday. Dry going, wet on the way back ☔
I've not specifically noticed Wednesday's being wet but several of my recent rides have been soggy.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i only did a zwift sesh
if i cycle to work i leave about 1.40 pm and this week i wouldnt have got home till about 1.45 am :sad: totally peeing it down all night so plenty of flooded sections on my roads so im glad i wimped out..... just about to cycle as they promised zero overtime tonight and its dry

Slick

Guru
It doesn't matter what you say on the Internet, someone will always come along and say the opposite, but I used to play golf with my old man and his pals on a Wednesday, and one statistician kept a journal of all sorts of facts regarding their exploits, and one year they only missed 2 Wednesdays due to rain. This is a very local story in an area renowned for its ability to miss the showers coming from Ireland but true nonetheless.

Very little to do with your commute story but proof indeed of every action having an equal but opposite reaction, so on behalf of the older gents who probably still play there on a Wednesday, may it continue to blooter you on your way back from work. :okay:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
In that case, most of March must have been a Wednesday. It was actually quite a nice day over here in the east yesterday, but this morning was our Wednesday (Wetnesday?).

Wednesday was quite nice here until I got a chance to hex it. The evening was🌧🌧🌧 Annoyingly my mate missed a pothole when I was on his wheel at 25mph. He bunny hopped it, I didn't and that was enough to dislodge the tubeless stem and dent the rim enough so it wasn't 100% airtight. Fortunately I managed to get enough air in and after tightening the stem the leak was slow enough that I got home. I topped it up with the track pump to 100psi and it lost 55psi over night. So it was still leaking air, although thankfully not sealant. Cleaning the bike confirmed it but in doing so must've somehow allowed the tyre to seal perfectly against a cleaner rim and touch wood all seems good.

View: https://youtu.be/5rI6NMvz_a4

Big T

Guru
I’ve got rained on, on the last 2 Wednesdays. We have a Weds club ride, for retirees and skivers, and on both of the last Wednesdays the forecast has been for rain to arrive early afternoon, 2pm. On both days it’s stated raining as we were sat in the cafe for elevenses, meaning a wet ride home. Forecast not looking any better for this coming Wednesday. Might have to resort to Zwift.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I’ve got rained on, on the last 2 Wednesdays. We have a Weds club ride, for retirees and skivers, and on both of the last Wednesdays the forecast has been for rain to arrive early afternoon, 2pm. On both days it’s stated raining as we were sat in the cafe for elevenses, meaning a wet ride home. Forecast not looking any better for this coming Wednesday. Might have to resort to Zwift.

Are your big-boy pants not water-proof ? :rofl:

***I'm a wuss myself. Go out and start when its mid-shower ? No ta.....

Big T

Guru

I don’t mind getting wet on the ride home, but I wont go out if it’s actually raining at the start of the ride. I’m retired so can ride pretty much when I like, so I can afford to wait for a drier day. A group ride is particularly grim on a wet day, due to ineffective or non-existent mudguards on riding mates bikes.

when I was working, it would really wind me up when it was dry all week when you were at work, and then it would rain at the weekend!

simongt

Guru
I don’t mind getting wet on the ride home, but I wont go out if it’s actually raining at the start of the ride.
Likewise whilst I'm still working, as drying facilities are virtually zero and donning still wet / damp clobber isn't good. Getting wet on the way home of course, isn't an issue; strip off, rub down with a rough towel, courtesy of the GLW, followed by a cuppa. Sorted - ! :okay:
When I retire very soon; seven weeks, I've enough indoor interests to making riding out on a wet day like today, unnecessary. :tongue:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

haha
im in a similar boat i dont like cold or wet by choice , sure i will commute in the rain because i have too but i wont go out and get wet for fun.
Put it this way i nipped to the supermarket in the car which was only a couple of mins drive then a walk across the car park and my hands and feet went numb .

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
haha
im in a similar boat i dont like cold or wet by choice , sure i will commute in the rain because i have too but i wont go out and get wet for fun.
Put it this way i nipped to the supermarket in the car which was only a couple of mins drive then a walk across the car park and my hands and feet went numb .

Right !! Think it’s also known as older and wiser. Not as tolerant. Or perhaps just ‘I now clearly recall how c**p that was and won’t do it again in a hurry if I can help it’ 🤣

Stay dry fellow fair-weather lovers 👋

postman

Legendary Member
Sorry but I for one am happy with the rain today.You see Mrs P and myself did a superb gardening job for church on Saturday afternoon.Weeding pruning planting plus taking out two badly planted bushes.I dug two larger holes,we shaped them better then placed them so they looked better.Only thing we could not do was water everything,today yes wonderful,oh I forgot we munched with bark,well two thirds we ran out near the end.

Top Bottom